Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 3.0] Transparency in GUI

Tai Kamiya

Hey guys!

I was wondering, can I set transparency in the graphical user interface? I tried adding transparency in the Item Description image, and changed the source line:

```
frmMain.picItemDesc.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\gui\main\description_item.jpg")
```

to

```

frmMain.picItemDesc.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\gui\main\description_item.png")

```

This resulted in an error. Well, there is an another way to do it?!

> ~~No you can't, Dx 7 doesn't support PNG's. It can't render them.~~

GDI doesnt support PNG's that means you cant load PNG's into vb6 controls although you can achieve transparency through the use of some APIs but that will really kill your FPS. Your best bet is to use the DirectX 8 engine and modify it to render the gui with textures instead of using controls or just wait for the new engine witch is being developed

> GDI doesnt support PNG's that means you cant load PNG's into vb6 controls although you can achieve transparency through the use of some APIs but that will really kill your FPS. Your best bet is to **use the DirectX 8 engine and modify it to render the gui with textures instead of using controls** or just wait for the new engine witch is being developed

Awt, How hard it is? D:

Also, what new engine?

> Awt, How hard it is? D:

depending on how much programming you know

> Also, what new engine?

the new development team has a new engine on the making witch will probably have a new GUI class

> maybe he is talking about Eclipse Reborn, It's gonna be released soon…

NO

> I tried the Eclipse Reborn, but I'll wait since it doesn't have things like Guilds, Pet, etc.

you can't get them, i'm sure he will not put them in there, because everyone would have basicly the same things ingame, if you want them, search tutorials and add them in your game, not just waste your life waiting for something that's not gonna happen

> you can't get them, i'm sure he will not put them in there, because everyone would have basicly the same things ingame, if you want them, search tutorials and add them in your game, not just waste your life waiting for something that's not gonna happen

I know! What I tried to say is that many tutorials simply doesn't work in the ER.

> I know! What I tried to say is that many tutorials simply doesn't work in the ER.

then make your own code.

> There's already a dx8 engine you can use, Dragon Eclipse for example. or Deathbeam's engine (w/e its called). Give it a try or wait for the new engine by Rob

Deathbeam is working at 2 engines(As i remember) Eclipse Advanced and Eclipse Reborn