Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Map in 10 Years +/-

Greeneggs

Well! Let me know what you guys think. Lets get some criticism going!

I will be swapping to my own custom tiles when I get some more free time and can find my old hard drive.

so things will match much better.

So anyways. Bash + Feedback = Improvements!

Will hopefully have game up and ready for testing within a few months. If anyone wants to join the project

shoot me a line and ill bring it online and send a copy to those interested upon approval.

Main City Gate/City Shrine.

[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/2456bf560eb8fadf5648997637d71ed6.jpg)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#2456bf560eb8fadf5648997637d71ed6.jpg)

> I was all excited because it was perfectly symmetrical, till you hit the bottom (I'm odd like that). Truthfully though it feels too "tiled" and "perfect". There's no change up in anything, that's just my opinion.

It is symmetrical inside the city so it looks clean and manicured. The bottom of the map is more random as it is the edge of a forest.

As for the "Perfect/Tiled" look, could you explain further? It is the main city of a thriving government, the center of most activity.

Like you've been told, its symterical which could be possible since its a type of city almost. But no cliff is perfect like that, and never will be. I think it would be pretty decent if you fixed the cliff, made it look more natural and added some potential detail.

I like the building in the water the most. I find it inspiring for a full "Venice" type city map.

The paved city area is too empty however. Pavement anywhere with no objects or obstructions looks empty and blend. Try to add buildings, or objects you feel might suit the city, like lamps, or carts, merchant stands, etc.

@ azkanan that map is epic! is it yours?

@greeneggs it gives me an empty feeling like matthew said try to add more detail it loocks kind of boring right now.

Thanks for all the input. I'll add some detail but I am trying to keep it more minimal for the foyer. Perhaps remove empy space off the top and set the buildings further down?

Great looking town. i do like the use of elevation, however, this is just the city entrance. The actual city will be a cluster of maps beyond this one.

I agree about the cliffs. I was wanting a sort of natural city gate but I may opt for a fortified wall.