Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Host Server With No-IP

Socgreaser

> Why? If someone can do it for me, I am sure someone could tell me how to do it.
>
> I just used to the status checker, it says it is Offline, but I have my Server on, the D.U.C on and I portfowarded 25565 now.

Nothing wrong with someone helping you. That would be the fastest way because we can be here guessing for years as to what you might be doing wrong. Did you even try to keep it simple and setup your server just using your external IP address without No Ip to see if you can set that up first. Who cares if its a dynamic IP if you have a constant connection with people logged in your IP wont change. Plus your IP has a life span of about 5-7 days before it expires.

Are you trying to connect to your server from your local pc because if the server is on your local network you need to use the loopback IP to connect to the server locally only people on the external network will be able to connect using your external IP.

How do I use a loopback IP to connect?

> Nothing wrong with someone helping you. That would be the fastest way because we can be here guessing for years as to what you might be doing wrong. Did you even try to keep it simple and setup your server just using your external IP address without No Ip to see if you can set that up first. Who cares if its a dynamic IP if you have a constant connection with people logged in your IP wont change. Plus your IP has a life span of about 5-7 days before it expires.
>
> Are you trying to connect to your server from your local pc because if the server is on your local network you need to use the loopback IP to connect to the server locally only people on the external network will be able to connect using your external IP.

> Ok, I portfowarded Port 7500, changed my clients port to 7500 and the Server Port to 80, it registered my account, but now it says the server if offline.

Never ever use port 80\. Also your server and client port have to be the same. That how it knows to connect to it.

> How do I use a loopback IP to connect?

In your client you would use the IP address 127.0.0.1\. Change your server and client port to 7500 like you have done before. Open port 7500\. All of the computers that are not on your network will use your external IP. You can see your external IP here.

[http://www.whatismyip.com/](http://www.whatismyip.com/)

> Also your server and client port have to be the same. That how it knows to connect to it.

Thats the good thing about no-Ip it will reroute all packets defined by the user to port 80\. If I were to set port 7001 as the port to connect to and my server was listening on port 80 with No-Ip running it will reroute the packet headed for 7001 to port 80 for the server.

No the game will be online for all.

A loopback IP is an IP that returns all packets from a computer back to the same computer. So if A was a computer and it had a client and the server. And A's IP = 127.0.0.1 or localhost then the packets sent by the client would just loopback toward the PC A.

And Port 80 is actually a port used by webhosting. Like Apache. And skype uses it also.