Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Graphics glitch/bug/problem

Xolani

Eclipse version: Eclipse Advanced v3.0.21

Problem: Whenever I edit any graphic's in EA, save the file (I have been making sure to save files under .png format which is the default format EA takes) and then boot up my server and client any graphic files that have been re-saved end up removing any transparency from the images background.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/438072f1e6d3f2e57cd0448aa7589828.png)

I have searched tut's and seen that people say you just need to make sure your 1st 1 x 1 pixel is the same color as your background you want. As long as that 1st 1 x 1 is the color of your desired background you won't have issues with untransparent backgrounds ect… but I have found this is not the case for me, and I have tried changing that 1st pixel to multiple colors and even have done the same for the 1st 32 x 32 block.

As you can see from the screen above this "save" bug or problem I am having is problematic and effects tilesheets, paperdoll items, sprites, but then those are the only graphics I have checked so far. You can see in the map editor above re-saving map tile files after editing them somehow reformats the background to go from the defualt black to white.

I know EA's development is currently on hold indefinitely but I'm sure other's may be having this problem, or have solved it with relative ease I am sure, in which case I would appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks!

That doesn't matter, are you SURE that you removed the white background and remained the Alpha layer?

Use GIMP, go to Layers - Transparency - Add Alpha Channel, Select the white or whatever the color is the background and press Delete, save it with the alpha layer.

Thanks for the input House, I've actually only been using paint. I have however left the 1st pixel and the background unaltered in many of my tests and still have transparency problems. I'd love to get a fix for paint, but I am willing to go to another editing program if I am left without another option.

> Thanks for the input House, I've actually only been using paint. I have however left the 1st pixel and the background unaltered in many of my tests and still have transparency problems. I'd love to get a fix for paint, but I am willing to go to another editing program if I am left without another option.

You really need to, paint isn't enough to make a game. I might suggest Photoshop over than gimp though. I find GIMP, less-friendly.

> Paint does not support Alpha channel, oh well i mean MS Paint, use GIMP it's far way better than other crap, and it's free.
>
> Edit: **In EO dx8 you don't need to do the same thing with first left upper corner pixel like in EO 2.0 dx7.**

That.

Juvanio, Photoshop is a terrible idea if you just want to remove the background, GIMP it's FREE, (the installer is only 25 mb).

Friendly or not you can get used to it fast ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

> Paint does not support Alpha channel, oh well i mean MS Paint, use GIMP it's far way better than other crap, and it's free.
>
> Edit: In EO dx8 you don't need to do the same thing with first left upper corner pixel like in EO 2.0 dx7.

Well, look at this…

> That doesn't matter, are you SURE that you removed the white background and remained the Alpha layer?
>
> Use GIMP, go to Layers - Transparency - Add Alpha Channel, Select the white or whatever the color is the background and press Delete, save it with the alpha layer.

Methods are: 1\. Go to Layers 2\. Transparency 3\. Add Alpha Channel 4\. Select the white or whatever the color is the background and press Delete 5\. Save it with the alpha layer. = 5 methods.

Photoshop methods are: 1\. Get the Magic Wand. 2\. Just poke the part where you want it to be transparent 3\. Press Delete. [Make sure no background] 4\. Save it in .PNG in interlaced form. TADA! 4 methods.

But really now, either of the programs. It's nothing big to worry about.

Don't make me insult you, 5 methods, maybe you want to say 5 steps, wich takes under 10 seconds ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

You would better find a cracked version of Photoshop instead downloading a FREE 25mb installer wich takes 2 minutes or less to download, depends on your internet speed, just because requires 4 steps?!

But whatever, you know and I suck.

Sh*t Yeah! -all solved

Thanks for the help guys, I downloaded gimp as it's free. (I'll probably try Photoshop later when I have time to obtain it through creative means) Following your advice and a few youtube vids I've managed to fix all transparency issues with sprites, paperdolls, and tiles, fortunately I can always just add a new white layer and put it behind all others whenever I want for editing purposes, then just delete it when I want to save the file.

Again thanks for the help, your constructive verbal banter helped illuminate the pro's and con's of each program. This community really is for the most part fantastic.

Perhaps this issue should be left unresolved for a bit since there might be a way to solve this problem for other people who want to stick with paint.