Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HOA Engine: EO 2.0 Mod

RyokuHasu

Before I talk about the engine and It's features here is a small disclaimer section.

> There is A LOT of code changes in the Hero of Athea Engine so many that I do not recommend using this engine unless you yourself can actually understand the code! Adding new EO 2.X mods will be dificult to do just from the tutorials alone and will require a bit of programmer problem solving in most cases.
>
>  
>
> There is no Guide for using this Engine and there will be no guide to it unless someone else makes one.
>
>  
>
> Ryoku reserves the right to refuse to support any problems with the Engine.
>
>  
>
> This engine shouldn't be used by: 
>
>     -people who give up easily
>
>     -people who can't code
>
>     -people who don't want to learn.

Now that's out of the Way here is the Download: [http://gngames.net/hoa/HOAengine.zip](http://gngames.net/hoa/HOAengine.zip)

**ABOUT HOA ENGINE:**

This Engine was used in the creation of the project Hero of Athea, which was Successful for a time with a 6 month open alpha that received mostly positive reviews. It was developed by Ryoku Hasu using the EO 2 as a starting point. At the time when this engine was created it had cutting edge features, some of which were NOT released as tutorials Including: different versions of summoning items, "Gift Box" item, and Monster Taming. Since the HOA online project was abandoned other versions of EO passed the HOA engine in overall design, but a few features remain unique to HOA.

**You must include the following people in the credits for any game made using this:**

-All original EO 2.0 credits

-Ryoku Hasu
, Designer and Developer of the custom version

-
crzyone9584 , friend system

- Alatar

,Primary Quest system

- Robin (yes again), Conversation system

- Lightning ( Nail ), Pet system base

**List of known problems:**

> Very nice engine ![](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png)
>
> Only problem I'm having is I can't compile for some reason ^.^
>
> EDIT: Found the problem, for anyone else unsure, go to frmMenu and right click the user agreement, click properties and update the destination of the rtf file its grabbing.

**Mods/Features:**

-

**Custom**
EZ-Shops

"Click once in shop to buy, Click twice inIventory to sell, or right click to check prices."

- Chat drawn to screen, with word wrap

- CS:DE NPC Conversation system Credit to Robin

- **Custom**
Doors System, originaly made here first.

-A friend system (System by crzyone9584) (really old)

- Advanced pet system and
**Custom** summoning (Pet System By Lightning, Summoning By Ryoku)

- **Custom**
multi-item crafting

- Quests ( DUH) (System by Alatar), with a
**Custom** spin on how some quest events are handled.

- **Custom**
Summon Combat only maps

- **Custom**
Party Levels and EXP boosts

- **Custom**

Skill based summons, they are stronger based on your stats

- **Custom**
100% hide enabled GUI

- **Custom**
Party Level/Exp boost System

- **Custom**
Able to tame wild NPCs (this is hard-coded to work only for the 4th class, but you can change that. I might even post the location of it later)

- **Custom**
Multiple item drops and percents (Custom version by me, the tut did not help at all)

-
**Custom**
smooth level "color-shifter" (Level determines tag color)

-
**Custom**
Advanced Resources with multiple rewards

- **Custom**
Items that change your sprite

-
**Custom**
Items that let you change your class

- and many more Unlisted changes and features!

Very nice engine ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Only problem I'm having is I can't compile for some reason ^.^

EDIT: Found the problem, for anyone else unsure, go to frmMenu and right click the user agreement, click properties and update the destination of the rtf file its grabbing.

• 1 year later...
The original post is over a year old. It's not uncommon for downloads to disappear after such a long time. I don't have this particular one in my backlog of engines, so can't really help you there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...