Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Idle Frame + 10 Movement Animation

SirWhite

Hello, there.

I spent some time trying to modify Eclipse to read player Spritesheets in a different way.

Actually, my problem is very similar to: [Link](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129713-progressive-4-frame-idle-character-animation/page__hl__idle)

I have a Spritesheet which the first frame is the idle frame and it isn't part of movement animation, so, what I want is to set the Idle to use the frame 0 and the movement to use the frames from 1 to 11.

Each step of the walking movement takes 5 frames.

How can it be done?

well … i rember something on the boread for attack animations a wile back.

first off make a test sheet how you want it. then just gotta have it go to that point once ur test sheet runs, then do ur char.

i think mortal angels did this before so try asking him.

I already have a test sheet and I was testing some methods, but without success.

The first frame still apears on the middle of the animation and the rest of frames were not being loaded.

Mortal Angels? I'll search for him.

Anyone else know a solution?

For the Idle part, make a boolean in TempPlayerRec, IsIdle, for movement, expand how Eclipse does it.

Now send the packets and make extra ones for different SpriteSheet Indexes. (Say if the player hasn't moved in the last 5secs set the isIdle to true and send the packets to everyone on the players map.)

Make the client render accordingly.

Sorry.

Actually I have no idle animation, I just use one frame, the default one, the first.

What I want is to process the 10 frames of the walking animation (which might be from 1 to 10, since the first is 0) avoiding this first frame to shiffle in the movement animation.

SirWhite, sounds like you'll need a tick to check if the player is no longer moving, that or an idle boolean as said above. Adding in a separate idle frame is the harder of the two challenges.

For ten frames you'll need to edit the animation processing. In DX7 the formula is right in mod DirectDraw7 sub BltPlayer/NPC and fairly straightforward - simply add in 3 extra if/then steps and adjust the numbers (to go from 4 max to 10 max frames). In DX8 it's in modGameLogic sub ProcessMovement(NPC), similar idea. Double-check the rec formula in either case. Since I think there are no preset constraints for animations and no server involvement, that should be all you need to do!

• 1 year later...