Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Free] Looking to work on an upcoming project as a Mapper.

DovahTech

Hey there Eclipse Community! Some of you may know me and most of you probably don't. My name's DovahTech or Adam. I'm looking for a job on an upcoming project as a mapper. All I've ever really done on eclipse is map. I don't have too many examples because I haven't had the chance to map really. I'm not interested in putting aside my complete social life to develop my own game personally, therefore I don't see any point in creating maps that will never be used. The only requirements I have are:

-That the gaming is serious and does intend to have a future

-That the team based around the game (or owner) are experienced enough to develop something worthwhile with me

-That the working hours are flexible

-That I get credited for my work

(Note I may add more!)

The only real example I have is of an old forest path I made a while ago. I would like to request that you judge me on my potential rather than a single map I had lying around. Thanks very much for your time! I look forward to the responses ^^

~~~Note unfortunately I was unable to recover the map picture as I've re installed Windows multiple times without backing up. If you would like to see examples contact me and we can arrange some sort of live example in game. Thanks for your consideration on my behalf,~~

After searching Eclipse quickly I did manage to dig out an in progress version of the Map I mentioned. It's a general idea of my style and behavior when mapping. I would also like to note the Path does have multiple errors in it's design. I'm aware of this and it was fixed in the future, unfortunately the finished version of the map was on an old photobucket account. Which I have since cleared up and deleting many files a year or so ago.

[![](http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y450/Parrington_Adam/map2-7_zps31df0b15.jpg)](http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Parrington_Adam/media/map2-7_zps31df0b15.jpg.html)

If I get the time or the patience I may well add some more Maps.

Thanks Owain, by the way are you from Wales? Because that will make two of us. Just wandering because Owain is a common name around these parts. Sorry Artix but I'm looking for someone with a more professional approach to hire me. I'll see if I can dig it up on the forums here.

> Considering you have an aversion to properly spelling "I'll", I'm 99.9% certain that I can speak for him and tell you that you're not serious enough.

This is true.

Also you want to join a project that is serious and worth your time but you are not serious enough about your job as a mapper to download a fresh eclipse and start mapping different examples?

If you don't post any examples here all you will get is people like artix who's project is not as serious as your looking for (judging by the website).

> This is true.
>
> Also you want to join a project that is serious and worth your time but you are not serious enough about your job as a mapper to download a fresh eclipse and start mapping different examples?
>
> If you don't post any examples here all you will get is people like artix who's project is not as serious as your looking for (judging by the website).

dude i have been looking for a mapper and programmer for so long and i found a mapper like this project is real but if he doesent want to do it its fine but im not kidding here i just need one

I have a very serious project and I know for a fact that I would never hire you if you didn't post any examples. It shows me that your lazy and that your afraid to show your work ahead of time because you may be commented on and not succesfully join a project.

You should prove me wrong and post examples.

> Thanks Owain, by the way are you from Wales? Because that will make two of us. Just wandering because Owain is a common name around these parts. Sorry Artix but I'm looking for someone with a more professional approach to hire me. I'll see if I can dig it up on the forums here.

Nah, it's just the character I'm playing around as. (Funilly enough, I was considering Shirō) ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Anyway, as said, I'd like to ask you to join my [team](http://glaciate.net/downloads.php?dlid=7&cat=2) [, as I'm in need of mappers, but like many others, I really would like to see examples.](, as I'm in need of mappers, but like many others, I really would like to see examples.)

> I have a very serious project and I know for a fact that I would never hire you if you didn't post any examples. It shows me that your lazy and that your afraid to show your work ahead of time because you may be commented on and not succesfully join a project.
>
> You should prove me wrong and post examples.

what do you mean by post examples

> dude i have been looking for a mapper and programmer for so long and i found a mapper like this project is real but if he doesent want to do it its fine but im not kidding here i just need one

The reason he's not going to pick you is because you're a barely literate and immature child, you're also incredibly inexperienced and lacking in skills. I'm not saying this to be insulting, it's simply an observation.

Shirō is quite possibly my favourite all time character. I would change my name to Shirō but most people know me as Dovah. I'll take a look at your project now. Thanks for the interest.

Edit: Note: if you're planning on posting simply because you want to ridicule Artix, please refrain from doing so. This is not the place nor do I have the interest in receiving such comments.

> Shirō is quite possibly my favourite all time character. I would change my name to Shirō but most people know me as Dovah. I'll take a look at your project now. Thanks for the interest.
>
> Edit: Note: if you're planning on posting simply because you want to ridicule Artix, please refrain from doing so. This is not the place nor do I have the interest in receiving such comments.

Heh. It's part of my job to ridicule Artix. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Anyway, I'm also working with Carim (Owain) over at [Glaciate](http://www.glaciate.net), so I can vouch for/promote the team. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)