Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Idea

Zarnick123

Ok so i got this idea, a game set i medieval times, where you basically live a life, you can work the fields like your past fathers and gather chickens and stuff, to sell at the market. you can fight in the kings army and earn gold for your loyalty, and you can go to school to become a scholor to one day become the king, or you can choose the path of darkness and revolt against your country. its your choice.

Comments please

It's and old idea… plus... dude learn about the medival times before making a "live a medival life MMO"... history doesn't know scholars that became kings. Kings were war chefains... usualy they wre dumb as shit and the only thing they know was war... Later they were educated but not TO BECOME KINGS but because they were going to be kings. Elections came later - the real chefains were just born.

@‪‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭Admiral:

> Most of the educated were killed in the medieval times, weren't they?

Not really, but you had to be careful not to be labeled a heretic. And mainly because as Kusy said, the academia and papacy was connected at the hip. Or don't be around in wet seasons where rye crops got contaminated with lysergic acid (many years of heavy witch hunts happened in wet years where crops were most likely to be contaminated by a fungus that could cause hallucinations).

And yeah, being a woman would've been a bummer, since any economic, academic, or social orders that would involve upward-mobility were all fraternal orders. So basically all a woman could do was either be a consort or a wife. Although this depending on the region, I think in Iceland and some other Nordic regions women had more power, landowners and had votes in Things (a Thing is a democratic local meeting).

Anyway you don't have to be that realistic in games either, unless you want to make a historical simulation or something.

it sounds kind of boreing if you ask me but if its done right then it could be cool generaly the more unreolistic the better it is because usualy the reason people play games is to get away from reality

sounds like those games where you try and build up the best city with army and take over others…just you only play one person from the village and not oversee the whole thing.

I say give this up and make an adult MMO: Strippers and Hos Online!
learn skills such as pole dance and reverse cowboy!

nah jk.
GL on the project

• 2 weeks later...
Actually I like this idea, but also about the kings, I thought they were chosen by blood-line?
Also the player king idea isn't exactly new but in games I have seen it done it turned out alright.
Another idea for player power could be a council rather than just a single king, either way the outcome
could be pretty cool. Best of luck on the project man! :cheesy: