Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My ideas

Inunah

1\. No need to portforward or anything.
3\. The ability to have both 32x64 and 32x64 sprites at the same time without the tedius work of putting 32x32 boxes between each 32x32 sprite
7\. No need for scripts
20\. Shop sprites that stay in the same place even if you go into the mapeditor (I hate that, I had a shop guy outside and when I try to put a shop on top of him he changes places when I save and then I can't get him back to the spot the shop was placed)
34\. More default Animal Sprites
35\. Easier way to add Sprites to the game.

@Desiderium:

> 1: is impossible.
> 3: Would just be messy, and is pointless..
> 7: The is no _need_ for scripting, it's there if you want it..
> 20: Use a masked character (like in the map editor) instead of an Actual NPC.
> 34: find some and add them yourself..
> 35: Not needed..

Okay that all helps except I have no person sprites in the map editor.

And the fact that yes 35 is needed. It takes too long to go into paint to add spritesheets.

This isn't the "we will do everything for you, straight out simple and blunt" engine. It's the eclipse engine. If you want use to do "everything" for you then you have come to the wrong place. We make it easy for users to create a mmorpg, actually in my opinion theirs already to much done for the community. You have to do some work your self or you will never make a game.

@Niko:

> This isn't the "we will do everything for you, straight out simple and blunt" engine. It's the eclipse engine. If you want use to do "everything" for you then you have come to the wrong place. We make it easy for users to create a mmorpg, actually in my opinion theirs already to much done for the community. You have to do some work your self or you will never make a game.

….... I've already done all the work I know. I've mapped and screwed up the player respawn point, of which I need help to fix. I've made some NPCs and a Shop.

Anyway........

With 7.... There's a problem. For me to have the game I want, I have to have scripts. Tons of them. And I don't know what scripts I want, I just know they have to do exactaly what I specify. And I don't know how to script for crap. Making me script would be like making me do your brain surgery.

@Niko:

> Actually its not like that at all… Scripting is very easy to learn, you just have to try.

I've been rereading the tutorials since I downloaded Eclipse for the first time, which was a week ago. If you asked me what the simplest script i've done was, I would reply with "I've done a script?" or "What script? Where?" or "What script is simple?". It's that hard for me.

1:Read the Main.txt
2:Read the All Commands post in the Announcements
3:Since I know you just skimmed it, reread the Main.txt
4:Go to the bottom of the Main.txt and make a very basic sub, have it just tell the player something.
5:explore the commands-almost all of the commands are very straight forward. plug in the variable/perameters with something and stuff happens.

If you are like most peole just comming into the game design world, you are stuck on thinking about the final product, in this case your scripts. You cant tackle it thinking "I want players to explode when they die!" You need to break it up with "players should have an animation play on death." now we have more of an idea. find out where the scritps are for dieing, and add scripts for animation.

Sometimes you need to do lots of breakign down of your ideas.

If scripting is something you refuse to do, im not sure game design is right for you.
Sry if that seems blunt but really, making a cookie cutter game by not doing anything unique whatsoever is just asking for no one to play it.

Mapping is a very good skill to have but really a step best saved for last.
What if you decide it would be cool for players to jump?
Then you actually manage to script or hard code it?
but alas, since you mapped for months before learning to script, your entire game is mapped out and nothing to encourage jumping or make it useful?

this can happen with almost any feature you add.

on player respawn points, if all you did was edit the class files, just go through them all and reset them.
in your class files is the following

MAP=1
X=30
Y=30

If you see a spot in your map you want to set as a respawn point, type /loc
it will tell you where you are standing. you can then plug that info into your class file.

I hope i have been helpful and constructive