Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WOTLK Cinematic

L0lz

I'm amazed at the work blizzard puts into their cinematic scenes etc. The new WOTLK Cinematic came out, and It was really sweet. If only this wasn't an MMORPG,  but instead another RTS or just regular RPG. Warcraft was awesome up until their MMORPG project, which was great, but would have been better off otherwise. I'd hope they Discontinue the mmorpg, but when BC came out, I knew it was screwed, and now that Arthas is here, this might be the last T_T.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/intro.xml

Go watch it! It's amazing.

Nah it's k. I just wish they didn't make an MMORPG. Because they totally sold Warcraft out by making one. Only like 1/3rd of the population on the game know's the story line, and others are like rofl quests, rofl epics, rofl PVP. WHERE'S THE DAMN STORYLINE?

Theres nothing wrong with WoW.
You "wow bashers" are to infatuated with the RTS series to realize that this is NOT an RTS, an mmo has obvious limits when its modled after a rts genre.

The game is called WORLD of warcraft.  As in an mmo set in the world of warcraft.  It doesnt mean its going to follow everything the rts series has, it means its going to have a similar gameplay style.

It is NOT the same game as the rts series, ONLY set in the same general world.
Quit comparing two completely different Genre's

@DrNova- i dont think any of us were bashing it, i was just saying i would like another warcraft game and l0lz was just saying how annoying it is with all the noobs in WoW asking "WHERES THE DAMN STORYLINE" is

but yea, WotLK does look pretty awesome, my only concern is how the addition of a Death Knight going to affect the balance of the game being a hero class
by the looks of things, the DK has healing/pets/DoTs/DPS/Tanking abilities
one person actually put out the possibility that the DK was going to be the start of a 3rd faction as one of the scourge and being against everyone was going to be its balance
what are your guys thoughts on it?

Way awesome cinematic I saw it a few days ago when it was released!

Also I love WoW, a good mmorpg doesn't NEED a storyline. So for example you can enjoy WoW and not understand the story at all. Or be like me who just follows the stories where they are given. I love the RTS and I love the MMO so I'm happy  :cheesy:

@DrNova:

> Theres nothing wrong with WoW.
> You "wow bashers" are to infatuated with the RTS series to realize that this is NOT an RTS, an mmo has obvious limits when its modled after a rts genre.
>
> The game is called WORLD of warcraft.  As in an mmo set in the world of warcraft.  It doesnt mean its going to follow everything the rts series has, it means its going to have a similar gameplay style.
>
> It is NOT the same game as the rts series, ONLY set in the same general world.
> Quit comparing two completely different Genre's

I beg to differ. Firstly I'm not infatuated with the Warcraft RTS, I beat it, I barley play it, and I KNOW WOW is an MMORPG, I've played the damn game. World of Warcraft is set in the Warcraft universe but since the expansion they've been "picking up" the storyline. If it was Just SET in the WoW Universe there would be no expansion, Arthas wouldn't be waking up to beat the sh*t out of everyone, and Blizzard would be in development of Warcraft 4\. Don't jump to conclusions, I don't hate WoW and I don't bash on it, I simply state that blizzard doesn't do a well job of keeping the storyline, and I think it would've been better as it was three games ago, an RTS. Do you call an attunement quest, and Instance a fucking storyline? I sure don't.

Not every single quest/feature/thing to do has to be or even should be part of an overall storyline.
The most basic of the Warcraft story is the Alliance races against the horde races.
This is where they leave it up to you, via pvp.  There is no linear style story in WoW, but it isnt needed, and it would take away from the general idea of exploring the world that warcraft is set in.

Most the quests however fit neatly into the wow universe along their own storyline paths, and some of them do follow the general wow storyline.
Overall, I think WoW follows the warcraft story, as it is.  There really isnt any real way to follow an RTS genre story very well

Something I'm really looking forward to (if anyone here listens to the blizzcast) they are working on brining Warcraft to the big screen I can't even imagine the quality of that film even if the story turns out lame the artistic talent would be amazing I'm sure.

Blizzard has always done awesome cinematics. Even back in the days of the first Diablo and Warcraft games they were way beyond anyone's elses videos. This one is no exception. I'm glad they finally released this. The other trailer was kinda bleh.

@Reguba:

> Something I'm really looking forward to (if anyone here listens to the blizzcast) they are working on brining Warcraft to the big screen I can't even imagine the quality of that film even if the story turns out lame the artistic talent would be amazing I'm sure.

Any idea what the plot's going to be?

@Derrick:

> Blizzard has always done awesome cinematics. Even back in the days of the first Diablo and Warcraft games they were way beyond anyone's elses videos. This one is no exception. I'm glad they finally released this. The other trailer was kinda bleh.
>
> Any idea what the plot's going to be?

Event's from Wc1 and 2 I believe.

@l0lz!:

> Nah it's k. I just wish they didn't make an MMORPG. Because they totally sold Warcraft out by making one. Only like 1/3rd of the population on the game know's the story line, and others are like rofl quests, rofl epics, rofl PVP. WHERE'S THE DAMN STORYLINE?

theres a fine line between not knowing and not caring

i am one of the people who do like the story line and lore i think its more interesting than the game tbh

WOTLK will be tieing up loose ends of Wc3 hence why its set in northrend based on Wc3TFT