• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bone, brilliant quest making there. Some details need to be ironed out with it like the ending (I was a little confused as to why you had to kill the guy to get your reward, but hey its an option). This is the sort of creative thinking we want, doable nice long quests that will keep people interested.

Youll need to ask niko for final approval, but looks good to me.

@ferarri sorry dude quest making is a big part of the game and we would prefer if you show us some example work than the information youve provided so far.

I'm going to say yes to bone, simply because I like him. The quest was not exactly what I wanted for an example one. It missed alot of aspects that a quest could have but it also had alot. I was on the border line with this one, you started the quest off exactly how I did not want the quests in the game to start as. I don't want the quests in our game to start as a simple task (aka: find out who's eating my animals). But you did prove your skills by making the path to finding out the answer long and complex. Alot of the parts in that quest I would have re worked and made totally different. Though, it was decent and im sure if you take longer time you can come up with some very cool stuff. You've got the job, but under one condition. After writing the whole quests out me and Alan can edit them here and their to make them work with the game better, or if we dont like some small parts of them.

@Spike:

> Bone, brilliant quest making there. Some details need to be ironed out with it like the ending (I was a little confused as to why you had to kill the guy to get your reward, but hey its an option). This is the sort of creative thinking we want, doable nice long quests that will keep people interested.
>
> Youll need to ask niko for final approval, but looks good to me.
>
> @ferarri sorry dude quest making is a big part of the game and we would prefer if you show us some example work than the information youve provided so far.

That's fine, i'll get one for you as soon as i can, no need to say srry coz you need the best you can get :D

I'd love to help out with something… but i can't really do anything but small scripts(the occasional larger script if i need a reason to hit my head on a desk) and Mapping... I highly doubt you'll need help on either of these... uhmm examples... *sigh*
[Script1](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,29944.0.html)
[Script2](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,28122.0.html)
uhmm i don't really think i need to put up examples of mapping, since you technically aren't recruiting for that xD

Quest for Spike and Niko's game

Ok well here goes…...

You start the quest off at an imperial palace and talk to the king (or some place with a king or a highly powerful and rich man).

You talk to him and he says:
"Excuse young adventurer, would you happen to want to work with me by my side?"

Options:
-Yes (the most obvious answer)
-No(only if you don't want to do it)

King:
"I only ask of this one favour of yours, and all the riches and glory of this land and palace......will be yours, i am getting to my old days now and i have a son..an heir that is not legible to become a king because of his childish behaviours"

You:
-What is it that you want done your majesty?"

King:
"I need you...no this land needs you to rid of this evil Lich king Talonaar that hides in his underground fort called, The Darkspire, he is sending people out to try to assassinate me and all those who are royalty that have my blood run through their veins"

You:
"Consider it done your majesty"

So after this dialogue, you take a few minute hike to his fort and you end up on his front door step, a guard blocks you.

Guard:
"Where do you think you're going?"

You(Options):
-Just looking for a...a guy that errr, Talonaar was it?
Guard's response: What about him?
You:You think there's anyway i could meet him?
Guard: If you want to prove yourself worthy enough, go kill a and bring me back it's .

Go kill a monster and bring back the body part, the guard will give you a scroll so you can enter the cave that leads to The Darkspire via magic from the scroll.

-Lay a hand on me and that hand won't touch anything every again scumbag!
Guard's response: He starts attacking you, if that can't be done in the game...
Guard's response (alt): Get lost you shrimp or i'll tear you to shreds!

Obviously not the wisest choice if you can't beat him.

-Tell me more about your society
Guard's response: We are a cult called, The Blood Brotherhood, we assassinate people for a high price and look to recruit people only if they can prove they are skilled and strong enough to feel no remorse for the pain they cause on others. That's all i know because it's all i've been told, the rewards are good by the way. We are lead by the Lich King named, Talonaar he leads us and guides us into the ways of necromancy to get aid from those beneath under our command.

You: Well is there a possible way to meet him?
Guard: Only if you can answer these 3 questions
You:alright
Guard:First question, who is the leader of the blood brotherhood?
You: (options)
-Talonaar (correct answer, the correct spelling is shown in the dialogue before this)
-Talonnaar
-Toby Mcguire

Guard:Well done, next question...
Guard (if you get it wrong): You might as well go have a teaparty with the girls if you can't even answer a simple question. (Talk to him again and try to answer the correct one, my god)

Guard:What is the title of our leader?
You (optional):
-Lick King
-Drag Queen(If you say this be brave because the guard will attack you if you do)
-Lich King (Correct answer)

Guard:I can see the determination in your eyes when you said that
Guard (if you get it wrong): Well, well, well are you the average momma's boy that only is allowed to play with butter knives? You wuss, getting it wrong on purpose because you're not man enough to enter?

Guard: Last question, if you were to choose between having infinite riches and glory in the royal family or being a highly respected assassin in the our brotherhood, which will it be?

You(optional):
-hmmm infinite riches i guess
Guard: there's doubt in your mind, you must cleanse it with the blood of another, return to me with the of Rufus a man who is betraying us and i'll accept you into your new family.

-defintely infinite riches
Guard: there's doubt in your mind, you must cleanse it with the blood of another, return to me with the of Rufus a man who is betraying us and i'll accept you into your new family.

-hmmm i guess i'd want to be a highly assassin
Guard: You have.....only just passed the test, i can see the conflict in your eyes but in time you'll learn to accept this.

- I'd choose to be a highly recognised assassin, i want the world to know me as a plague to be avoided and a fear not to be touched or dreamed of.
Guard:It can't be.....The Lich King himself said that in the prophecy, a man that would answer with the exact words! I bow to you oh great God of the Undead, what awaits you is eternal glory and immortality beyond your wildest dreams. I am honoured to be able to see you with my own two eyes, the chosen one, right before me now. You'll be able to end this war between us and the Imperials.

You (optional):
-Okaaaaaay dude you're freaking me out
-I am not yet complete my son, i will soon enlighten to a new power...

Guard: Please step right in, i will give you permission to go through, please take this scroll as it is the only key that can allow entry.

Ok so far you appear to be a chosen one, lucky bum ain't ya?

You walk through a whole bunch of rooms and tunnels underground and finally...you meet the Lich king himself.

Talonaar: So you must be the chosen one, welcome my lord, for now i'll guide you to your complete form and then you will take over and rule this world. Your first step into enlightenment is to drink is goblet of blood, please take a sip (you drink this crap that vampires love).

Talonaar:Now we must see if you really are the chosen one himself,(Talonaar raises his hand and summons 3 vampires to attack you). Please, demonstrate your ability to diminish them.

You got no choice but to knock them vamps out, only they are exceptionally easy.

Talonaar: So you really are the chosen one...Please forgive me as i was only following the process as the scriptures commanded of us...that you wrote.

You:
-Alright dude cut the act you're going down mother$%#@er (if you think you can take him go for it)
-What is this next task...that i supposedly wrote.

Talonaar: It is the third and the last, you wrote down yourself that you would end this war and in order to do that you must kill and eliminate the king.

You:I'll have a think about it....

Talonaar;Yes my lord, take your time, there is no rush so long as you're on our side.

Well you have a choice, you either pick to kill the Lich king or the Imperial King, remember the guy said that you'll kill "the king", "the" meaning one and king could mean either of them so basically one of the kings. This is only a one time choice, there's no going back once you've killed one of them. The difficulty level of each king is pretty much the same, the Lich King will summon 3 vamps( their difficulty should be really easy, you could either kill them in one or 2 hits) and 3 Blood acolytes(average level) ,not at the same time but 3 at a time. With the Imperial king, he'll call for 3 normal guards and after you killed them 3 he'll call for palace guards (average level). After you've gone through 2 waves of attack, there'll be a point of no return, either king will run into a cave door and your final fight will end there. There will be obstacles to run behind if you are a magic or bow and arrow user. The difficulty is either hard or very hard, the kings will constantly use a high level of healing to sustain themselves and use magic if you are far and melee if you are close.

Lich King side:
King: So you have returned what of you?
You:I am sorry my majesty but there is...something i want to tell you...
King:.....I knew it, from the second i laid eyes on you, i knew there was some part of you that couldn't resist the dark and twisted side, if you are to be eliminated, then i shall send you straight to the depths of hell!"
*summons normal guards*
*you kill em*
King: I see, you are a talented one aren't you? they were wise to pull you over on their side. We'll see how you handle the finest soldiers on the land!"
*summons palace guards and kill em*
King: I see...very clearly....this is the end for me, but i will not go down without a fight!!!
*runs into cave door behind his throne and you follow him"
King: I saw my death the moment you came back, the Gods gave me an insight of my future.....But maybe this could be for the greater good, however, i will not allow the visions given to me to affect my chances of glory. If you want my head cut off then come over here and get it!!!
*deeply wounds the king*
King: I guess..*cough*....i couldn't fight against it any longer*cough**cough*...take my possessions oh great warrior of the gods, you were the chosen one to end this war, just know that *cough*, your name will be remembered by all those future generations. *cough*Take my things and return to your home *cough*, quickly there isn't much time before my guards come with reinforcements.
*King dies*

You run back out the cave door and guards will chase you, return to the Lich king to tell him about you victory. When you get there he'll congratulate you and give you your rewards.

Imperial King side:

Lich King: So...what of you my lord?
You: Well see, we have a problem...
Lich king: What is it? Is there something wrong?
You: Yea.....you're gonna die by my hand and there's nothing you can do about it, i will end this war with your head at the tip of my feet.
Lich King: Is that right now? The mighty immortal Lich deity dying at my hands, my name will be remembered throughout this boundless land! Die you incompetent mortal!
*summons 3 vampires and kill em*
Lich King: Well of course you killed them, you wouldn't be much of a chosen one if you couldn't
*summons 3 blood acolytes*
*runs into the cave door behind his throne*
Lich King: I have dreamt of this moment, i stood here and you were over there. But i didn't get to dream long enough to see your death by my blade. You have no chance! I was destined to be the immortal Lich King, Not you!!!, I will continue to rule on my throne for all eternity! everyone man and woman will fear my name when it's said, they will bow down to my feet and beg for mercy. Just like you will when i'm done with you!!!!
"You deeply wound him"
Lich King: *cough*This can't be...I was told by the former Lich King that there will never be a man more powerful than I. But he was right, there wasn't a man that was more powerful than I, but there is *cough*...a Lord...a Lord of Lich Kings that isn't considered a man, but an omnipotent being that is built, created *cough*..born to end lives by the sweep of his blade and feared by the glare of his eyes....So long....my...son.

*King dies*

You run back and tell the Imperial king of the good news, he'll congratulate you and hand over the rewards he promised you.

If you chose to kill the Lich King you'll gain the following:
-The King's crown or amulet (adds +1 to all stats)
-The King's armour ( +3 to all stats reduces mana by 10)
-The Sceptre of Life (adds +1 to all stats)
-If you are being chased by an enemy, run to the nearest town and a guard will help you fight. (if possible)
-Summon a palace guard to help you fight.
-The authority to pray at the altar of the Gods to regenerate mana and hp at a quicker rate.
-A spell that can sacrifice mana for hp
-If you ever cross a member of the Blood Brotherhood they'll attack you on sight

If you choose to kill the Imperial king you'll gain the following:
-The book of the dead(adds +1 to all stats)
-The crown of the Lich king (adds +2 to all stats)
-The Armour of the Lich king (Adds +3 to all stats but reduces total mana by 10)
-In addition (if possible), if there is to be a Blood acolyte/assassin to be near you and you are getting attacked, that Blood acolyte/assassin will help you.
-A chance to learn to summon a Blood acolyte to help you fight.
-The authority to pray at the altar of the Undead to regenerate mana and hp at a quicker rate.
-A spell that can sacrifice hp for mana
-If you ever cross a member of the Imperial army you'll get attacked on sight.

This is FERRARI32'S story no one is allowed to use it for anything unless they ask for permission, pm me and tell me what you'll do with it. As long as some of my credit goes to your story and you get my permission i'll allow you to use it.

This is a sample of a lore/intro story i wrote for Rubeo online. (I'll be willing to do extra stories for other games, but my main focus will be here if it's needed, i need to do this to improve my story writing skills because i get low scores on english XD)

In the past there were children chasing butterflies, couples bonding and snow drifting away from the winter breeze. There once was a man named Rubeo, a first class warrior, a…prodigy from a young age and a skilled warrior in maturity. He ended all that was good from one man's greed and lust for power, for decades he has been searching for the one thing that could empower him to become the world's first king, emperor and even....an immortal god.

He has not lost a battle he anticipated in, he has not left a man alive for each drop of blood that ran down his blade, he was almost the exact replica of the legendary Achilles. A god among men, a threat among lives, a man....made to end lives that should last longer than he makes them. He found a grand soulstone that captured the lives of many, and if he should capture one thousand lives, the fate of many others will fall in the balance between his choices. Good or evil, Civilised or Savage, Honest or Corrupt...God....or Devil.....For years he still lives, to one day capture the very soul that will bring him omnipotent abilities that no man could imagine even if they tried. He still awaits.....will you be the very soul that grants him that power or will you be the one to end the path of the very soul that was destined for this greater glory and take it for yourself?

This is FERRARI32'S story no one is allowed to use it for anything unless they ask for permission, pm me and tell me what you'll do with it. As long as some of my credit goes to your story and you get my permission i'll allow you to use it.

hmm, i spotted some similarities there between the elder scrolls and your quest

example: guild of assassins called the blood brotherhod is the dark brotherhood in oblivion

@warconn - what do you think the most difficult script you have made is?
@Miguu - Whats your past excperience with the source code? How good are you at working in vb6? Any example features you have programmed in vb6?

@Niko:

> @warconn - what do you think the most difficult script you have made is?
> @Miguu - Whats your past excperience with the source code? How good are you at working in vb6? Any example features you have programmed in vb6?

I have made custom player profiles, I can rearrange the GUI very well, look at pics of lostica. I can add in sound effects/highlights/ pushed in effects to buttons. I can make different ext. to other website (such as register button) I can change any basic features such as player movement, NPC movement, any attacking, I can add functions to the main via server source, I can also make interesting edits such as fixing some common irritants in 90% of all eclipse games such as the Walking frames, low fps, 8 directional movement, GUI file reading conversion (change it from reading jpg. to bmp/gif/etc… I have coded Turn based games and I coded a lot of features in Lostica, I am learning eveyday, more and more about vb6 and I own vb6 on my computer. I have been coding since March and have increased my knowledge on vb6 and im a fast learner.