Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SpellQuest: Dragonlords First maps.

prefix

I was under the impression that Maps were supposed to be posted in the GFX Showoff Subforum but i see alot of you posting here so i will too.

I'm hoping for some feedback, constructive criticism etc :)

So far i have only used the default tiles.

Thanks this is what i was looking for, constructive criticism. took me a while to get it. These are my first maps i ever created with EE so that is probably why they are not so great, but i'll work with them and i'll try to improve them, especially the mountain which i agree is kind of square, ofc it would look abit better if you guys were actually inside the game looking :)

• 2 weeks later...
@Joe888888:

> Omfg guys, this is his first try!!!!:
> 1.) ITS HIS FIRST TRY
> 2.)HE HAS GOTTEN ALOOOOT BETTER!!!!
> 3.)WOULD U WANT ME 2 POST SOME OF UR FIRST WORK?!?!?!?!??!

We are helping him with these comments, posting these useless crap is just stupid.
Ive never mapped before, i think ill try and post it here.

@prefix:

> I was under the impression that Maps were supposed to be posted in the GFX Showoff Subforum but i see alot of you posting here so i will too.
>
> I'm hoping for some feedback, constructive criticism etc :)
>
> So far i have only used the default tiles.

You seem to have "_Perfectionist Syndrome_", I used to have this… it's where you must have everything symmetrical and perfect, it may look awful in the end, but in our minds it seems precise. It's easily curable, with 3 teaspoons of constructive criticism and you should be fine in a week. Keep on fightin' man!

Sincerely, MrMiguu

• 2 months later...
LOL. I must be suffering from this disease MrMiguu:) At any rate i thought it was funny, have you seen the Anime series Soul Eater? :P

Btw, all the maps you see here have been vastly improved thanks to everyones CONSTRUCTIVE criticism :)

I think  i'm a much better mapper than i was when i started with eclipse :)
I've altso learned alot of scripting:)

• 2 weeks later...
Kreator is a needed part of the Eclipse forums, cause he isn't afraid to emotionally grind people into tiny chunks lol jk.

But I think they are pretty nice. They are awful bland and cliche, though. If this is you're early work, then you could really churn out some nice stuff later.

• 4 weeks later...