• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

17 Day Challenge

PD

================

17 Day Challenge

================

To prove to someone that all of this has been worth it!

27th: Audio Class

>! **Update**
>! I started this challenge at 0:00 am and now it is 4:50 am and I have finished the Audio Class! I started off using DirectAudio but I realised that DirectMusic doesn't ducking support MP3 files…but I sorted that out by using DirectShow.
>! Audio Class
>! -DirectSound
>! -DirectMusic
>! -DirectShow
>! Even though by using DirectShow I have to add another reference to the project, it's all good as DirectShow provides the ability to play video files so if I ever need to play a video in-game then I can through DirectShow :)
>! Maybe in the morning I can get ahead start on the Input Class but I'm not sure yet :P Good night!

28th: Input Class

29th: Network Class

30th: Network Class

1st: Take it easy and do some planning/light work

2nd: Begin work on the Toolkit (Map Editor)

3rd: Map Editor

4th: Pokemon Editor & Move Editor

5th: Begin work on PCR (Client/Server)

6th: Complete until players can walk around and chat

7th: Program in basic Pokemon features

8th: Program in basic Pokemon features

9th: Basic turn-based battle system

10th: Testing and bug fixing

11th: Some bells and whistles

12th: Some bells and whistles

13th: Wrapping up and releasing!

Bring it on.

Looking good, I hope you actually get it done! How long have you been working on this? You certainly seem one of the most dedicated of the hundreds of pokemon games I see crop up as you have been doing this for some time now (on and off). Best of luck, I look forward to the results.

~Kibbelz

> Looking good, I hope you actually get it done! How long have you been working on this? You certainly seem one of the most dedicated of the hundreds of pokemon games I see crop up as you have been doing this for some time now (on and off). Best of luck, I look forward to the results.
>
>  
>
> ~Kibbelz

Thank you. I've been working on and off my game for 5 years, ever since I got into game development. I've recently been soo lazy that it's crazy. I have been doing some work here and there but no way as much as I should be doing. This is my way off getting back into the swing of things and to prove to that 'someone' it's all been worth it.

> Good luck with this man :D

Thank you :)

> Now I just wonder who that 'someone' is…

That someone is you or whoever you want it to be :P

**Update**

I started this challenge at 0:00 am and now it is 4:50 am and I have finished the Audio Class! I started off using DirectAudio but I realised that DirectMusic doesn't fucking support MP3 files…but I sorted that out by using DirectShow.

Audio Class

-DirectSound

-DirectMusic

-DirectShow

Even though by using DirectShow I have to add another reference to the project, it's all good as DirectShow provides the ability to play video files so if I ever need to play a video in-game then I can through DirectShow :)

Maybe in the morning I can get ahead start on the Input Class but I'm not sure yet :P Good night!

Sorry for a lack of update. I haven't been feeling well and there has been some family problems but hopefully all of that is behind me now and I can get on with this. I am waaaaaay behind but I'll see what I can get done by the deadline.