Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Star Wars MMORPG.

Mulkaar

@Sk3wer:

> I Don't smell fail, I smell ignorance of the gaming industry. I Smell Star Wars Galaxies, a game which has been up and running for around 5 Years and still going strong.
>
> But you know that's just me.

Touche, and there's the upcoming BioWare MMORPG setting 500 years after KOTOR II.

W-W-W-WAIT!

Did I just seen some people saying that STAR WARS GALAXIES was a succes?

STAR WAR GALAXIES WAS AND IS THE ONE OF THE GREATEST IF NOT THE GREATEST FAIL IN PROFESSIONALL MMO HISTORY.
And that was a statement you can't discuss with. Every rubbish Korean MMO have more online players a day/week/month/year.
It's only running because it doesn't bring loses not because the profit is good. Anyone who says diffrent is blided by love for Star Wars and can't see the facts. Cash spent on making the game was a total waste considering how much cash it gave back. It was supose to be the second WOW and it showed out to be a total unbalanced crap.

W-W-W-WAIT! Kusy,
You seem very ill-informed the game has had its up's and its downs, and it's yet to make a loss. Sorry to tell you but you have close to little knowledge on the topic. It's a success. And it wasn't meant to be the next WOW, im not sure were you got that ill-legitimate idea from.

Ahhh amateurs and there weird ways of thinking they know shit.

Gg.

@Crazy:

> How dare you… So i copied you? Well i'm sorry if you are blinded by ignorance to think for a second that Star Wars is a highly popular set of movies and games and that maybe you might not have been the only one to think of a star wars mmorpg? Um and also you didn't even say you were making one you said the best direction to go was to make a star wars mmorpg so i suggest you don't humiliate yourself any further.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Crazy Smurf.

relax dude…

No, June 26, 2003 - November 15, 2005\. A little over two years. I would say when CU launched, but according to the Wikipedia, the subscriber base actually did rise.

I wish you the best of luck, I myself am working on a Star Wars MORPG - PixelWarz , ooh on and off for about 2 years now. To those others talking about StarWars Galaxies - I played that for about 4 years, and have more lvl 90 toons than I can keep track of, 8 cities and the list goes on. It had its day sure.. but the game is dying and Star Wars The Old Republic from Bioware (hopefully) will blow SWG out of the water.

My game will be closer to the Pre-Cu time, where you can have multiple professions… jedi is impossible to become etc... but it wont be a SWG rip off. Im trying to make the quests and profession trees as original as I can while still sticking to the period between EpIII and EpIV.

Many people have started a Star Wars morpg, but I havent seen one finish. I didnt bother posting anything about my game until it was at least 50 percent done. With any luck the new EE3.0 will see the improvements we so need for any futuristic / space game.

regards,

Yeh I don't know if anyone knows this but ive decided to go with a fantasy game and ill probs keep the star wars mmorpg aside for a later date.
Oh yeah i looked at your recruiting and W.I.P Thread for Pixel Warz Devo and it looks brilliant! Kepp up the gd work plz,, i'd love to see it finished!

Sincerely,

Crazy Smurf.