Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AdrianC's Scripting School

AdrianC

Just to clear any confusion that anybody might have, this Wednesday and this Saturday I will cover the same material. I'm just doing it twice, for people who can't attend one of the meetings.

Anyway, Simius, the way I planned my first class is, some basic explanation of main.txt. Where do you put scripts, etc. Some explenation on subs. Then I'll explain if then statements, while, for, etc.

I will also explain different commands from time to time. At the end, I'll give them a small assignment. Just something to work on…

Next meeting, I would show more advanced scripting techniques. Creating your own subs, using .inis, custom menus, etc.

Depending on how much time it takes for this, there might be a third meeting, where I explain a few other important commands, and other scripting terminology,

After all that, I'll give them a final assignment, which I will grade.

Anyway, add me if you feel like checking it out. Bone already said he might come.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come no one just makes a textbook on SS?
want me too? i could put one together based on existing tuts/your lessons… im super bored lately anyway... and as i was given a dev status for such things i feel as it is my duty to tackle that...
I think it would help everyone...

@AdrianC:

> UPDATE
>
> Its a female dog to find times at which everybody is able to attend, therefore I will create two classes, for different timezones, etc.
>
> Class 1.
>
> Wednesday 7PM to 8PM GMT-8
>
> Class 2.
>
> Saturday 1PM to 2PM GMT -8
>
> Feel free to attend either one of those classes. Just add me on MSN.
>
> If this new schedule still doesn't accommodate everybody, PM me and I'll try to figure something out.

now wait what timezones are these. also what time would that saturday one be in US eastern time.

Probably, but if I actually write tutorials, then I'm gona have to format it, check for grammar, etc. Its easier just to explain to them on the spot. Not to mention that if they don't understand something, I can provide an explanation instantaneously.

lol good job dude, before i would of needed this, but now im an OK scripter and im getting things great. xD
i even made my own script were a promt comes up, says u want a hamburger? and click yes a hamburger plop on your table. lol! but i think ur pretty good scripter . GOOD LUCK on your classes! (in a good way)
:P