Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wanted to share my idea with you.

cheatking

Hmm, that makes me think, you could use make a tileset1b with the same stuff snowy, but you'd have to do lots of scripting and have in-game time implemanted :\…

So if you don't understand:
You'd have tileset1A, which would be the summer tileset, mayb tileset1B for automn and tileset1C

Each time the game changes season with the in-game time, the tilesets would automaticly switch.

@Bone:

> Hmm
> A tut would be cool
> I've seen many threads for people requesting this
>
> Nice one Basil

Quite simple to implement, dont need anything from the server to determine this. In your client find where it blits off the actual tilesheets and then get the system time.

Check the system date and choose from (for example) tiles0spring.bmp - tiles0summer.bmp - tiles0fall.bmp - tiles0winter.bmp - tiles0christmas.bmp

I do it different, I created a 'season', 'year', 'month', etc script out of the idea of some1 else that i dont remember right now…. Anyway, it checks the 'month' and changes the maps using already defined for each map from a .ini. (I use the 'copy' part of 1 of my scripts that copys the whole map to a .ini. so when its that date, it loads the map from ini, if not, loads the .ini of normal [summer])

Comments,