Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The big compilation of wishes for 3.0

Sylexus44

PLEASE. Get rid of VBMP. XD

Mellowz, you should remake the spell system, so if you were to use that spell, it would affect a certain amount of tiles in front of the character, and AOE would be a certain distance of tiles around the character. Also have drag and drop hotkeys for spells, instead of memorize.

I think you should add in better emoticons for the next release.

new Party System, thats actually graphical and such

Proper Guild System…, Including:

Guild Ranks
Guild Banks
Guild Donations
Guild Prosperity Increases (Money in bank increases with a set interest rate, relevant to the amount of Guild Members online)
Guild-only Equips ( Capes / Robes, etc...)
Guild Zones (Guilds own certain maps, which are bought with Guild money [In Guild Bank] - each time a map changes owner, it increases in price)

And Also an Auction System, using custom menu's and what not.

Level Requirement On Items!

I say add in a mounting system, and make it so the Sprite your character mounts can be 64x64+

npc vs npc is my request. and also huge npc+player sprites like 64X64, 96X64, and 96X96\. oh and maybe pets, and ranged attacking npcs. do this and a generation of war games will come out of eclipse .

oh yea! the ability to set the amount of npcs alowed on a map from within the data sheet in the server folder

i reckon putting a built in treasure chest editor would be good, i know there are scripts for it but it would save the hassle of the scripts and would be easier to make. an idea: maybe (if possible) when opening the chest it does the first 4 (changeable) frames or however many is needed to make it have the opening effect, would be a nice little feature.

-Ranged attack NPCs, and spell-using NPCs
-Larger limits on shop prices, NPC stats, etc.
-Quest editor without scripting
-Stackable weapons

all i want is many more scripting commands, MANY!

1\. 3 frame movement
2\. 64x64 / 96x96
3\. World events(Earthquakes , etc, etc, based on time)
4\. More weather effects : Heavy winds, multiple weather effects(Workaround the lag if ya can )

A Skills system?

How about changeable controls?

Here's an idea. Multiple layers for attributes. For example someone may want to put NPC avoids on item tiles. Minus stat tiles on door tiles. Walkthrough tiles on shop tiles on NPC avoid tiles. Just a suggestion. :D

o and make it so signs can be accesed from mulitple directions. Also if you could make it so you have a atribute that requires a item to pass by it.

ex. flashlight to go into a dark place….

Edit: Here's another idea, an NPC attribute that makes an NPC spawn at a location so you can have more than 15 NPCs on one map. Or just make it so that you can add more NPCs. Or both! :D Because for games with epic maps, you may need more NPCs.

I have one. Elemetal items?

Throwable bombs.

I've got an example of how this would work.
Equip the bomb as an arrow. Attack with it as an arrow, and when it hits the target it does a spell animation and causes a set amount of damage.

Traps.

You have an extra item category, called traps.
You stand on a tile.
You double click the trap in your inventory.
It sets the item under your feet.
If any player walks on it, it casts a spell. i.e. Vine strangling opponent, or bomb exploding.
If your opponent has high enough speed, he/she can disarm and destroy the trap.

Tiles that are like fringe but if a player goes on them from a certain direction it displays under them.(so players can walk on rooftops while other players can hide behind the building

-Built in quest system, press F1, go to edit, and edit quests....would be A LOT easier!
-When the player first plays the game, it shows them a tutorial on the buttons and everything!

64x64 players.

A new command to change a player to 64x54

Call SetPlayer64x64(index, #)

#= 64x64 sprite number

I have a list of a few things that I would like to see in the upcoming version:
-Attribute Layers (I Believe it's already Included)
-8 Point movement
-More Sprite Animation Frames
-Definable sprite sizes(I Believe it's already Included)
-An Animated Map Overlay (Like RPGMaker)
-Looped Item Frames(To allow item animation)
-Ranged Npc's (A must in my opinion)
-Definable Ranged Projectile Speeds
-Lv. Req on Items
-Visual Party/Group System
-Ranged Spells
-Spells that act like projectiles(Would be nice as a default, Instead of having to script)
-Modifiable Speed for Characters/Npc's(Like movement speed)

One-way block. That would make mapping so much easier.

I would like a side scrolling map morality. This is basically so  that you fall down if you're not on a block attribute, you can only move up on a ladder, a warp that warps from side scrolling to regular,and  npc's are also affected by the first two.
In theory you could make a side scrolling map with the LoZ method. Regular except there are block tiles above you, no block tiles on ladders, and the tiles are coordinated to make it so you move left to right. Not anywhere on the map.

Probably an easier way to edit the play menu without using VB.
Like a drag/drop editing kind of thing.

In the map editor and Edit>Undo button.
3 frame step
Ingame World Map option
Ingame speaking (through the microphone maybe webcam to chat with others online)
Right Clicking on other players or NPC's and a drop-menu comes and you can choose trade, follow or attack(if in arena)
TY

It would be really nice if you could change the scrolling amount on each Map you make. That way you could have huge dungions on one map and small interrior maps.

Hello guys,

i've talked about this with Godlord too though i think it would be better to post it here too:),so i'd wish that in the next version of EE (hoping 2.8)we can make videos play when we first open the menu just by copying and pasteing a video in the flash Folder.

A decent converter from 2.7 to 3.0 (that converts the maps too)

A shading system

Night, Day, morning, and Twilight lighting

Roof block blocks NPCs too

Powerful enough engine to run 1 HUGE scrolling map

more than 15 NPCs per map

Gender exclusive items
Dual wielding

Credit to everyone who wished for these things (sorry to those whom I didnt put the wish here, most likely because I didnt see it, it's impossible, or something someone else already wished for)

"oh yea! the ability to set the amount of npcs alowed on a map from within the data sheet in the server folder"

Lol, for a second i was "wtf! he stole my idea!" then I read above it and saw the rest of my idea. :P  Might want to edit out some of the things already included in 3.0 though.

@Sy|exus:

> WHOA!!!
>
> jdf ive never spoken to you before. Great idea though, just that i dont know what is gonna be in it
>
> (btw your sig made me laugh so hard the first time i ever saw it a year ago)

Well, I'm mostly a lurker, and that reminds me, I still need to update my signature for Christmas!

On topic: most of the things there on your list haven't been officially said to be in 3.0, but you could knock off the sprite sizes one, the different times of day, (twilight, dusk, dawn, ect.) and you could get rid of three frame movement. (I believe it has been said that that is included.)

I'm glad to see that my wish made the list, but did you have to quote me completely? It might be a good idea to recompile the list and organize it so that it is separated int respective partitions. I personally don't think 8 way movement is that important in a 2d game. I like a lot of those ideas. I wish the dev team a lot of luck, I can only imagine how hard that must be to do.

I'd like to reiterate the wish for visual hotkeys.  Gh0st's source edit [here](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=34648.0) is pretty sweet as is, but I think it might be cleaner and easier to work with if a hotkey action bar was inherent in 3.0, with possibly having some hotkey variables in the Character type? 

Adding effect icons to display when you have buffs/debuffs on would be great, too.  I'm thinking this will be more doable in 3.0 anyway, with the ability to Sadscript objects, but hey, if it's in 3.0 out-of-the-box, even more awesome!