Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse 3.0 Alpha

Marsh

@Simius:

> its running in 'software processing' so fps was sacrificed for compatibility for older cards.

Make it test hardware processing and if it fails, test mixed processing, if that fails, test software processing so people with good cards don't have to deal with a pointless less. Even if it doesn't matter I used to have a computer (Very Old) that ran under 20 FPS in software and over 100 in Hardware cause I had a shitty dedicated.

Easy to do, take someone like you 10 minutes.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dark_Marine_123:

> Any fix on the triangle problem?
>
> Also, can you make a shop say "You bought " & GetItemName "." instead of "You bought the item."  Some of use aren't willing to go the extra mile for VB6, and that looks a little ugly.  >:(

I was thinking, the triangle problem is probably caused by the display mode. It has to be set to 32bit for best performance. 16bit is also acceptable. It might also have to do with how your graphics card works. There are 3 settings to choose from, hardware processing, mixed processing, and software processing. Default is sofware processing because it works on more machines, but some cards work better under hardware or mixed.

Just the client was released to debug the player movements.

We got the feedback we needed. Thanks for all who participated.

Please note that this was just a alpha test. There's still many features that are only half working and there's still **a lot** of bugs that need to be ironed out.

When the beta comes, all of the bugs that have been found will have been fixed. However, since many things have changed in the engine, I suggest waiting till **after** the beta.

And for all of you who are wondering, the font is just a test font.