Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Randomly deleted posts??

Derek

Has anyone else noticed people's posts randomly getting deleted?
I'll post something.. see its there, come back the next day and POOF its gone. =[]

I noticed other people saying "didn't I post here?" a bit confused it seemed like.

Is it just me?

Sometimes moderators delete your posts if their inappropriate or breaking the rules. I've noticed DrNova or some others occasionally not even tell you they deleted the post. But know that if I delete your post, I will inform you.

For example, back in the day some of my 'not so helpful' critisism was deleted without me knowing, and I too was like wtf? Until later I found it in the trash when I was a mod.

@Drag0n:

> lol.. :huh: Why don't you just have a "Trash" forum… Move all topics to there.. So people can post in Trash but just for the fun of it no post gain either

That would be 'chit chat'.

And trash is for deleted topics, kept for admin purposes.

Derekâ„¢, perhaps your posts weren't properly sent due to server lag, or your connection, or something as well.

@Marsh:

> if its a topic it may have been moved. We don't always make a move topic because it messes up the section they put it in. But there is nothing in the trash from you so they didnt get deleted.

You should script an auto notify on delete/lock/move

@jdf318:

> I have only noticed something like this when people quote something from the thread and I go back to search for it and can't find anything of it. And the person who supposedly said it never posted on that thread.

See on this quote, if you click on the blue text, it takes you to the quote, its easier for finding stuff