Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pixel Crawlers Interface

ThomasEB

> At least credit the placeholder graphics.

Okay

**Credits for placeholder graphics:** Google Image Search (lol)

**I am not supposed to search for source of them, becouse I am not going to use them, so why I should bother?**

Clear your head don't be protective of your actions, just calm down. Everyone is just yelling at you, either it's just for kicks are they genuinely hate you, but for one, I think you all just need to calm down. I think you should credit the placeholder image for the login screen and other screens that use the image. It's just morally right and will make everyone stop complaining, the image doesn't belong to you and that's why they're mad. They don't like you showing or using something you did not make for a show off thread. Just do it, and stop the hating.

(Think of it like a University dissertation, if you don't source material from where you found the image/text/quote/diagram/statistic then you'll be in deep deep trouble, this is to ultimately act like a professional company, don't use something you didn't create, unless you have the rights or an acknowledgment from the rightful owners).

You should credit the game, not google search. Google Images is where you found the image but it's not the source. It could be a blog/website but ultimately crediting the rightful game is enough in this case.

I posted this to get feedback on interface, and not to bring haters to this topic. So leave, or post actual feedback. I am not going to waste my time finding source to credit for placeholders, so if you wanna it that hard, do it by yourself, post it here and I will add it to OP. Otherwise, sorry but no. And I am not gonna accept advice from people, who do not even deserve my attention. This is show off thread, I am not breaking any rules. Handle it.

Why are people focusing on the background? It is because it is the most prominent part of your interface. Currently it is what brings your interface to life. Without the background your interface would be very bland. I know you know this as well since you have the opacity low so you are able to see the background through the interface.

Also, you cannot change others as the world does not revolve around you, you have to change yourself if you want then to stop (add those credits man).

> This forum is full of "ugh" people, nice job Thomas, I like the light system.

Please refrain from being biased. You may provoke a negative response.

Thomas, the colors for the status bars seem a bit bright for the theme. The hotbar also feels like it pops out too much.

> Please refrain from being biased. You may provoke a negative response.
>
> Thomas, the colors for the status bars seem a bit bright for the theme. The hotbar also feels like it pops out too much.

Wow finnaly some feedback xD Yes, I think too that I made that bars too bright, but I am not that good at GUI design, and that is reason becouse I posted this thread. I will try to remove some saturation from them or make them darker. And yes, that hotbar pops out a bit now, becouse this GUI was used in my previous game Realmshine, what I cancelled becouse of this one, and before I had also menu buttons at position where HUD is now, so it was blending with it.

> FPS with ligthing on?

On my slow PC, when turned off, 33 FPS, when turned on, 29-30 FPS. But I have still room in it for optimisation, now it is updated every loop, but I am going to change it to update only when light position changes.

> The interface looks really nice. It almost minimalistic but very nice.

Thanks, when working on it I used BrowserQuest GUI as referall.

> Started working on shop finnaly :) Here is how it is looking now:
>
> ![](http://eatenbrain.com/filehost/files/a841ba29b7aaa2afb4fff5c32808e14d.png)

I really like the shop interface. It is simple but nice. Elegant. It is very user friendly and easy to operate. The only thing I would change is, I would make slightly more translucent that is just an option though.

> I really like the shop interface. It is simple but nice. Elegant. It is very user friendly and easy to operate. The only thing I would change is, I would make slightly more translucent that is just an option though.

I think I made it too translucent :D But thanks for feedback.

Update for shop. Now also drawing of shop description is working, but buying is still not implemented.

![](http://eatenbrain.com/filehost/files/603935679f28e4606d64ceccb87dd6b8.png)