Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A suggestion - Debate Board

Admiral Refuge

Well, this may or may not work… Usually it works in boards where people can stay civil and mature (hence why this may "not" work, but let me know what you think)

A debate board!
This is mainly to prevent random debates throwing themselves out and ruining threads..

Let me explain.
The debate board will let anyone access, read, and post.  Pretty much any topic that'd be allowed in your high school can be debated on. 
By "debate", I mean to present your opinion/argument,  show support for that opinion (provide PROOF for the opinion), and wait for other people to respond to your opinion.
You MUST show sources to back up your claims!

Maybe have the rules abit stricter in the debate section (and the punishments?).  This _should_ keep tempers under control.
There will be no:

* Flaming
* Cursing
* Starting fights
* Calling other people names
* Threatening other people
* Calling people lairs
* No inappropriate topics

If anyone is caught doing this, warnings will be skipped, and your posts will be moderated for 5 days (or muted?), to give you a chance to cool off and think about what you have done.

Also, no short-arguments like, "That's dumb!" or "I like this!".  Try any make your posts nice and thought-out.  You know, act mature!  Also, try to speak with a nice vocabulary, with proper grammar and spelling (if you're dyslexic or dysgraphic, don't worry about grammar and spelling).

Show intelligence!  Maybe stupid, 1-liner-type posts (or posts that are immature in general) could merit a warning…

Here can be some suggested topics:

* Abortion
* Aliens
* Drugs
* Flat Earth
* Gay Marriage
* Human Evolution
* Mac vs PC
* The Big Bang
* Piracy (well… on this forum, no argument here!)
* Should we eat meat?
* The Right to guns
* What is Reality?

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

@‪‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭The:

> Also, no short-arguments like, "That's dumb!" or "I like this!".

@DrNova:

> I like it

That's dumb…