Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon: Purple Version (Recruiting thread)

Purple

-Well, Ive played a handful of online Pokemon games, and frankly, im dissapointed. I want a game as close to the original hand-held series as possible, with the exception of it being an MMORPG! What do i mean? Well, Pokemon isnt just about collecting and battling little monsters, its about exploring a new world, meeting new and interesting characters, and discovering the secrets of both the world around you, and yourself…and of corse, raisning the best fighters ever! So i thought to myself, why not just make the game I desire myself? And thats basiclly how this started!

-Well, seems like making and MMORPG is a little bit hard. I know I can do it, but not alone, I'll need the help of other's to achive my goal! I really know nothing about programing or scripting at all. Im not asking you guys to make my game for me, but to both help me AND teach me, so that i wont be so dependant on others.

-A little about the game

--Story: I'm still working on a story line that will fit an MMORPG, but I plan to have at least a basic story that the players can build upon, as well as a story that I can continue through patches and updates.

--Info/Summary: Well, it's a Pokemon Game! Here are some ideas I have so far:
---Collecting: Gotta catch those 'mons
---Battling: Basic one-on-one battles, as well as party battles consiting of three-one-three battles, each pokemon controled by another player.
---Trading: This was the whole concept that Pokemon was based upon, so of course I shall include this! But not just trading pokemon, but items as well!
---Breeding: Im not sure about this one, but I'd like to include a way for two players to leave their pokemon at a day-care, If the pokemon are compatible, then two eggs shall appear, one for each player!
---Ranking: The players shall be ranked on various components such as character level, average pokemon level, and various acheivments. The number one player shall have his avatar and party used as the champion of the Elite Four.
---Levels- not only will your pokemon level-up, therefore making them stronger, but so will your character, which will boost various stats such as catch rate, fishing, boosting pokemon stats, etc.
---More to come!

--Time Era: near future, same time periode as the original Pokemon games.

--Gameplay type: Turn based Pokemon Battles is the biggest component. (turns will be time limited)

--Features: A pokemon game may not seem very original, but i plan to take the pokemon concept to the next level, with monthly tornaments (with cool in-game prizes), major up-dates every 3 months or less, and more!

--Screenshots: As you ca see, it needs a lot of work
![](http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll252/Furi_Kuri_kun/indevelopment1.png)

-Like I said, I'm looking for a lot of help, but I wont rely on you 100%, i just need a little boost and some helping hands! I need people who can so the following:

–Scripters/Programers: People who can help me with the functioning of the game.
--Artists: People who can design graphics for the game (such as Menu Interfaces) and people who can help me make sprites (I can do this on my own, but it'd be MUCH easier and faster with help)
--Mappers: People to help me make and design maps.
--General Help: ANY help will be appericated, and if use, will be creditted, no matter how small the contributation!

-Thank you for your time, please post any questions and concerns, as well as sign-ups here!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm i would like to join, sadly i cant program/script at allbut i can follow orders and map pretty well also this game sounds ALOT like pokemon cyrus onine so i would kind suggest changeing it a little 

EDITED:
also i forgot to say im in the spriter group for a game named pokemon world online so im ok at editing sprites

Hey man, the names Voltage, im interested in helping with the game, I don't know much about programing but i am glad to say that i am in school for it, I'm taking C++/C and Java scripting. like i said don't know much about it but im just learning out about it now. Now i an a very skilled mapper, ive been mapping for about 3 years now, and to tell ya the truth i think im kinda good, im also Very easy to work with, and im eager to work asap, i also may no a few other people to help if your interested in a Spriter, and some other mappers, You can email me at [email protected] and let me know, Im avalable to start when ever so let me know. thanks, Volt

Ps. Me and Zony are like best budds and he is a very good mapper hehe (we are actualy trying to make are own mmorpg but not a pokemon one)

also im sure that your going to want to set up some kind of Forums/website im also the guy to see about that too.

@Voltage:

> Hey man, the names Voltage, im interested in helping with the game, I don't know much about programing but i am glad to say that i am in school for it, I'm taking C++/C and Java scripting. like i said don't know much about it but im just learning out about it now. Now i an a very skilled mapper, ive been mapping for about 3 years now, and to tell ya the truth i think im kinda good, im also Very easy to work with, and im eager to work asap, i also may no a few other people to help if your interested in a Spriter, and some other mappers, You can email me at [email protected] and let me know, Im avalable to start when ever so let me know. thanks, Volt
>
> Ps. Me and Zony are like best budds and he is a very good mapper hehe (we are actualy trying to make are own mmorpg but not a pokemon one)

If your maps are so great Im sure you won't mind posting a few.

dont have much to show because were keeping the game were making on the dL but here is somthing from the game, also hehe i know them are pokemon it was random and funny at the same time

![](http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp105/mvirkler1/pokemongamemap.jpg)

map i made when i was mapping with visual boy advance
![](http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp105/mvirkler1/MapofmynewVridientown.jpg)

heres a sprite i made
![](http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr259/zonytheicebreaker/zonysgymleader-1-1.jpg)

![](http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr259/zonytheicebreaker/sprites.jpg)

and heres a map -_- i didnt mean i was like a god at mapping gosh

![](http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr259/zonytheicebreaker/finalthundervalley.jpg)

1- any help is wanted lol, so sure, you are accepted, but i need to focus on the programing first
(PS- those trees are outta place, but they ARE from a pokemon game)

2- it is kinda like Cyrus, ive played it, and i didnt care for it at all, really, it inspired me to make this!

3- YES, i WILL change the GUI, im a pretty good artist….with pen and pencil. I really need GUI artists =P

hehe xD i cant wait but anyways best thing that Ive always seen on most games Ive worked on is that if you got a general  layout of the game you can still always go back and add the programing to it, and like i said i do have a little exp in programing but it all depends on what your looking for.

uh, well, i have a very GENERAL idea of what the game map shall look like when it's released…i drew it! But of corse, the specifics are not there, and i already drew twice what i'm showing, I just dont wanna give too much away =P

![](http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll252/Furi_Kuri_kun/WorldMapArea1concept.png)

grid paper FTW!