Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why you shouldn't advertise

Dark Crusade

Kreator watch your tone. How dare you berate me? You are no better than any of us. You may have marsh's permission to advertise your game and talk about your engine, but honestly I'd say you are abusing the privilege with this thread. This has nothing to do with the game or anything of the sort. How dare you attempt to insult us for pointing out that you are breaking a rule enforced for everyone but you? I think I'll take my game as well as my forum presence somewhere where shit like this doesn't happen. If Marsh wants to bend the rules for his buddy then he can, but anyone with half a brain would say that defeats the purpose of him stating the afore mentioned rule in "his" ToS. My question was answered by a staff member and I said that it was fine. Don't go back and overturn what I've already said with asinine behavior.

@Kreator:

> First post on the topic, under the sub heading- "NOTE-"
>
> Other members have also commented on how our engine is complete epic pwn. So hopefully its not too hard to miss.

The quality of your engine was not in question, will be interesting to see how close EE 3.0 is to it. And like I said, I skimmed a few pages.

You have a great day now.

rgards,

@kerii:

> Kreator watch your tone. How dare you berate me? You are no better than any of us. You may have marsh's permission to advertise your game and talk about your engine, but honestly I'd say you are abusing the privilege with this thread. This has nothing to do with the game or anything of the sort. How dare you attempt to insult us for pointing out that you are breaking a rule enforced for everyone but you? I think I'll take my game as well as my forum presence somewhere where shit like this doesn't happen. If Marsh wants to bend the rules for his buddy then he can, but anyone with half a brain would say that defeats the purpose of him stating the afore mentioned rule in "his" ToS. My question was answered by a staff member and I said that it was fine. Don't go back and overturn what I've already said with asinine behavior.

I said back on topic. Warned

This is chit chat topic after all. Therefore I can make MY own topic about whatever I want as long as it doesnt break the forum rules.

@УvøgêÑ:

> will be interesting to see how close EE 3.0 is to it

Never followed the progress much, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have barely anything ours does-

-Fully customizable particle engine
-Completely seemless world
-Destroyable terrain
-Complex NPC AI
-Status Effects
-Minimap

Just to name a few.

And now, back on topic or more warnings will be handed out.

chit chat is about as bad as a spam board. therefore it's only logical that you can't enforce an on topic rule; However, since you clearly had to have a reason to do something negative towards me I'll let you have your power trip. What you did towards that person was asinine and ignorant. As I said before I would have simply temp banned them.

@kerii:

> What you did towards that person was asinine and ignorant.

Why don't you go ask them yourself? They seemed to take it very well.

Temporary banning them is pretty extreme, we don't want to be anal. That's why my forum's community is so great at the moment. We all are mature, lighthearted and respectful. (It's great fun)

I have more to say-

@kerii:

> Actually I'm kinda with devogen on this one. Favoritism is really wrong; both morally and ethically. If we have a custom game with a modded engine we can't even mention it, but he can have WoH stuff everywhere, How is that fair to those of us on the wrong side of the system?

After re-reading that, I've come to realise how stupid it really is.

That's pretty much saying

> OMG Site X is affiliating with Site Y, but not My site! This is so unfair! It's morally and ethically wrong!

Make sense?

Your site isn't affiliated with this one; you are. That post is about the treatment of members and the distribution of privileges that generally go against the Terms of service for this forum. My question was answered by Simius so drop it. Your just looking for a reason to pick a fight. Not to mention as a moderator you should have left it alone after you warned me for "not staying on topic". You can over simplify my statements all you like, but you only make yourself look worse when you bring up a topic that you supposedly ended with a warning.

The difference is that kreator is part of this community and has been contributing for years before he was working on this game or engine. Other people have asked and i have allowed there game to be here to.

The main difference is, everyone who asks has actually read the rules and respects them. So they ask and i have allowed 99% of other games / engines when they ask me. But signing up with 1 post posting about your game that's not even made with Eclipse is just advertising when you don't care about the site or its rules at all. Also Spanions engine was originally using Eclipse. He has modified on it. Also they are not releasing it as a engine. Its custom so it is not competition.

Ive personally allowed many games not just kreators. Its just a simple courtesy to ask first.

Anyway you all have the right to ask and question. But i don't really think its that big of a deal. Feel free to pm me about questions regarding the policy.

@Marsh:

> The difference is that kreator is part of this community and has been contributing for years before he was working on this game or engine

:)

@Marsh:

> Also Spanions engine was originally using Eclipse. He has modified on it. Also they are not releasing it as a engine. Its custom so it is not competition.

His first engine was originally modded from Eclipse, and he progressed on it through the games he made, (Up until 7Nations). But he completely remade the engine he made since Arkland Online. Trust me, there is absolutely nothing that even resembles Eclipse on it, except for the fact that its a 2d orpg engine.

I'm not sure who unlocked it, but I suppose it's probably for the best.