Find results in...

.: Eclipse Ad Central :.

Greendude120

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Keebler:

> Which still limits us to his banners as i said….
>
> Would be better to let people sendin there banner and have it so it switchs between banners. For there is no banner that will fit all games or sites. You cant have a sci fi and a mideval game on same style banner.

I think you misread because if he did not allow personal style banners it would be a messed up system. But lets wait until he comes online.

Keebler Elf, lol wow. Munro, thanks to for being there while i was offline. and thanks for trying to get some reasoning in Keeblers mind.

Listen. what i said was, u cant modify my script and stuff to have your own banner, you have to use mine. (AS IN THOSE AVAILIBLE FROM EAC) but if u'd like you CAN submit a custom made banner. which i will add to the selection of banners. The more ppl send, the more ppl can choose from. so plz do send some in, but the text has to be the way it is in the demo version on the site, u can add colors, effects, w/e, but it has to have room for EAC letters, 2 ads and has to be 468x60.

Now stop complainning and go make 1, send me it and ppl will be able to specify which banner they'd like to use. Not i dont want ur site name or logo on the banner cause if u submit one, every1 can use.

can sum1 host the file for me..? the EAC is ready but needs hosting :(

@Keebler:

> still not what i was saying…. I UNDERSTAND THE "TEMPLATE" banner we can submit but msot sites have tehre "OWN" banner. Why would you want someone useign your offical game banner. Why cant you jsut use that.

Wait what, rephrase that it make no sense.

Alright hwo can i put this.

Say you have a game. You have created a banner that specifically tailors to your game. It isent themed or a template. It is your games own banner. You may even use it on your site. Now you could submit it but then others can use it cant they? Also you could use a alreayd made one but you already have a perfect one. So why not make it so if you want to advertise you give them your banner. That each person makes one. It would tailor advertisment more directly towards your game and if i saw advertisements for 3 games all on a similar banner that looks bad. It seems that there should be a option to use your banner and not have others use it also.

@Keebler:

> Alright hwo can i put this.
>
> Say you have a game. You have created a banner that specifically tailors to your game. It isent themed or a template. It is your games own banner. You may even use it on your site. Now you could submit it but then others can use it cant they? Also you could use a alreayd made one but you already have a perfect one. So why not make it so if you want to advertise you give them your banner. That each person makes one. It would tailor advertisment more directly towards your game and if i saw advertisements for 3 games all on a similar banner that looks bad. It seems that there should be a option to use your banner and not have others use it also.

I think you don't understand how the site works.

The site displays your site. And you display EAC's banner. I think.

alright, i thought youd get it by now, obviously not. so what i did is made u a test page. i added the banner on it. Its a webpage with the banner nothing else. check it out here:
[http://eclipseadcentral.webs.com/test.html](http://eclipseadcentral.webs.com/test.html)

THE CODE IS NOW AVAILIBLE! woot. lol, i only did 4 sites out of like 6\. Ill add the others later on.

New members need to add EAC to their site b4 registering or u cant join.

Also i might start doing full banners like Keebler wants, only it would be unfair to those who dont have a banner and only have text ads. i can make it a two in one. ill think about it. maybe if u send me ur games banner thats 468x60 ill try it.

Now go add eac and sign up and enjoy. Once it gets very popular ull get lots of traffic

Well so far i got companys and games. the companys make mmorpg but ppl rather put their company site if they make more then 1 game. It has to either be made with eclipse or it can be made from scratch C++ or w/e but u have to be a member of eclipse. If a random guy comes up and signs up for this game made with Xtreme worlds, i might deny the requests. Name says it: Eclipse Ad Central.

I did think about the two option thing. why not send me a banner of ur game and sign up on the site and ill add ur banner to try it out.

Well its not for a game. Me and my friend (mostly him but i help) make videos. I thought it be nice since when people visit his site eclipse gets advertisement but also maby some eclipse members can view his stuff. Also all my extnesive questions(or arguments) were for when i might be makeing a idea i have.

Sylexus, i checked ur site. u didnt read the instructions. You have to take two things off from the code: in <\iframe> & <\/iframe> take out the two \ . leaving (iframe) & (/iframe)

its actually >< not () but i cant post the arrows here. Itll work if u take those two off :)

I dont know if there are like anti html tags like: < nohtml> < body> < /nohtml> so u can see the < body> part.

Im working on two things:

-Making links open in a new window
-Making a javascript version for those who have google chrome or w/e.

@lord tipsta, yea ur on the registered site, i just didnt add u on the EAC yet, i took 4 random ones, your next tho. I put up the 4 to test the banner, once the system is fully working ill add all sites. :)

@Greendude120:

> Sylexus, i checked ur site. u didnt read the instructions. You have to take two things off from the code: in <\iframe> & <\/iframe> take out the two \ . leaving (iframe) & (/iframe)
>
> its actually >< not () but i cant post the arrows here. Itll work if u take those two off :)
>
> I dont know if there are like anti html tags like: < nohtml> < body> < /nohtml> so u can see the < body> part.
>
> Im working on two things:
>
> -Making links open in a new window
> -Making a javascript version for those who have google chrome or w/e.
>
> @lord tipsta, yea ur on the registered site, i just didnt add u on the EAC yet, i took 4 random ones, your next tho. I put up the 4 to test the banner, once the system is fully working ill add all sites. :)

K thx for the heads up. I'll go fix it.

Whats the site ill go see. like the site thats registered on the site: eclipseadcentral.webs.com/sitelist.html

Ill check it tomorow morning b4 school.

UPDATE: Banner works now, everything is set up. Ads open in new window. **Only reason it doesnt work its either cause u made a mistake with the code or your browser doesnt support it,** in which case you should get a msg like: Eclipse Ad Central cannot load, your browser cannot support this app or w/e.