Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Real Life Guitar Thread]

Dark Crusade

I have to disagree with your Cort description, I have had Corts in the past, and none have lasted the distance, no longer thn 5 years - even the ones I treated really well. The necks warp, the pickups are cheap imitations and the fretboard feels like its made of treated pine. They are cheap for a reason, but nevertheless a good beginners guitar.

The only Cort to have lasted, oh about 14 years now was a Cort Les paul replica, one I removed the neck from, replaced it with a jackson ps27 24-fret neck neck, cut the body back and removed about 2 kilograms of putty they had used to stick the plyboard together (yep about 10ply) and put EMG pickups in it.. and it is now one of my favourites.

The Line-6's are actually quite clean, and provide excellent tone.  I used one before moving to an effects rack with all DOD processors (dod512, 532, 51R etc) and TBH i still pack my line-6 when i gig as a backup. The RP500 is an.. ok pedal , but i guarantee if you looked under its bonet, you would be dissapointed. The BOSS GT8 or GT-10 did it much better.

The worst part of the RP500 is the unreliable volume/wah pedal. It does not actually have a physical sensor, its a light sensor underneath that pedal. Like your old school PC mouse. Cheap as.

So you get dust, smoke or anything in there that shouldnt be and lol… your Wah can be cut pretty damn short and so can your volume. specially when some prick throws a beer at someone in the crowd, and it gets in the way of the sensor... or smoke machines can screw with them too.

The GT10 or 8 has a physcial wah, like the original Crybaby and will not faulty from beer, sweat, water or any other bodily fluids.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow really? well good thing I picked it up cheap heh. I have been meaning to get a real expensive guitar but I'm not sure what to go with. There are so many different sounds and models around I've been testing different ones out.

Yeah I was looking at the GT10 stuff and it does look like a fantastic pedal. I was thinking of upgrading one day. I can honestly say though despite whether it's "cheap" or not I have been able to produce far better results from it than what I ever did using line 6 multi-effects. Well eac hto their own I guess.

I am looking to upgrade my entire effects library one day. Just not sure what roads to go down. I was always interested in buying a small rig setup but I'm not really sure where to begin or what do to really. I guess I should look into it more.

As far as rigs go, you just go to a PC store and order a small server tower with the same dimension width as the rackmount set you intedn on getting, its standard size here, i think round 43cm, but could vary in other countries.

Get one thats got wheels! and stands about waist high, any bigger they are hard to transport unless you get a split one, they can come in half and are the shit.

I have use BOSS pedals forever, and alot of other brands too but put it this way, i still have my Boss ME-5, and check the age on that - its still mint.

Im looking to upgrade my GT-8 to a GT-10, got to play with one of those and a Gibson robot guitar in a shop the other day, and i needed to change my pants when i  left the store, seriously.

My father said he could make the rack unit for me anyways which would save me money. I'm just not sure what rack to buy first though. The Pod X3 rack looks decent. Rocktron Prophesy 2 is also quite cool.

I'll have to look into a gt10 i na shop. Youtube vids are okay but I don't think peole gt the real quality out of the pedal that they can.

My only question is, does the GT18/10 have the ability to tweak EQ settings? Not just on the amp modeling but like an EQ pedal, you get to truly model your tone. I use it on the rp500 and on my own signature sound as I call it, it sounds fantastic. Real smooth etc.

XD I'll have to try out a few things before I upgrade all my equipment. Haven't bothered for awhile since the tones and sounds I've used have been good enough. I  was thinking of upgrading the up to the RP1000 since it improves in many areas from the 500\. I'll have to try one out sometime. So many different units around.

I do all sorts.

I play your general rock, some classic rock (80's being my favorite). A little bit of metal, some jazz, blues etc. I just play whatever.

I'll have to make some recordings for you later on. I'll set up my gear. I'll get it done sometime later this evening.

not quite. want me to send you a screen shot of the tone setup?

One thing I dislike is being called a lier especially when I'm not.

The only effect I use is chorus. If you really insist on it you can have it without the backing track as proof *sigh*

fibbing means lying. Just trying to say it in a more cuter way. Like when they say "telling porkies".

Anyway here's your sample. As you'll hear there is no delay or any other effects other than my chorus and some reverb.

here it is without the backing. As you can hear NO delay! ZOMG!

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=kscAoT

**Allison**
Also known as The Snapper… because I play strings too hard x].

![](http://www.elitemusic.ca/site/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/f310_closeup.jpg)

**Yet To Earn A Name**
Because it's newish :D. Also, mine is left handed - so mine is this one, but flipped over. :)

![](http://api.ning.com/files/PYluCBWbQtw8EO*Zcpny-Qq08mI0QZ*i0iETsrxCFfILqm5GGH*vkVcgUoIz7oNRu3qjkAQfVvnQvPOtc4b*8U6nSwbYjGWi/AriaMacSeries.jpg)

**"Guitar Amplifier CR-15"**

![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/azkanan/Picture5009.jpg)

Same here. I never ever break strings.

The only time I have is if the strings haven't been changed in ages and i mean AGES! So when I do bends etc they break but normally I never ever break a string. I actually haven't snapped one since like last June lol.

@AydanWatkins:

> So no one else gonna record any samples of themselves?
>
> no more calling me a lier over a silly recording 'cus I proved you wrong? :3
>
> lol come on i wanna hear you guys with no backing then :3

Andy,  I got this virus alert after your last 'attempt'  so I just ignore you now. And yeah your not too bad, just need alot more practice, your style is very sterile.

![](http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo282/devogeninteractive/wanker.jpg)