Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sneak Peak

Fax

Here's a sneak peak of the corner of one of my maps, I wont reveal the name or anything else about the project until I have a real release. That is all the maps and scripts needed for a stable release.

Note: To those who notice my sprite as an Orc with armor, I was the original designer of the sprite it was used in Vanatus Curse and Spanion released it to the community much to my annoyance. Everything is being custom made tiles and sprites (I havn't decided whether I will ditch RMXP themed sprites though [though I would custom make those])

![](http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/231/isleofjonij2.png)

alright I can see that, personally I kinda liked the paper style a bit, but also I am having trouble plumping them up. you see I designed modular trees. that is you can change the size and length and everything quite easy instead of having 8 pine trees in different lengths in the tileset there is one that can be changed easily into 8 different sizes. which makes getting proper 3d "plumping" as I call it difficult.

Perhaps create some shadowed grass tiles to lay to the left of the structure, that might add some depth. Also, see the top line of all your walls? there is no shadow there. Create a wooden floor tile like the ones your using, but make it several shades darker and line the inside edge of your buildings with it, perhaps add some candles /wickers on the wall with a light.

On a closer and longer look now, I would possibly lose just the cyan flowers, or lower the brightness of them.

Without having the tileset, here i mocked up something in paint. only the shados really, but even something that small like shadows can make the difference. Not seeing the whole map makes it hard, but this 5 second job should explain it.

![](http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo282/devogeninteractive/mock1.png)

yea I got you Dev, thanks for the tip, I was kinda trying to avoid shadows all together but I can give it a shot and get rid of them if I don't like them anyway. I'll try and fix the trunk on those trees if I can,

Well i just figure shadows are really easy to do with a quick copy/paste to the bottom of your tilesheet, then add a colour filter over the newly pasted stuff - that way you dont have to change tiles, your adding new ones.

p.s i dont think the trunks on the trees look so bad, maybe a bit grainy if anything

mmm everyone else had good points and nothing personal to you Dr. Who Cares but pine trees are dark, can you give me some more in depth about why you don't really like them?

and yea DDunit I know I would just add some darker shaded tiles easy enough at the bottom