Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tacos?

nickko

I make burritos if I don't have taco shells or corn tortillas. Even when I try to make soft tacos, for convenience they wind up wrapped like burritoes anyway.

Nikkos, what sort of shells do you use? Store - bought? How are taco shells made? I know they are ground corn like with the corn tortillas, are they baked?

Usually we just have tacos with store-bought shells, and heat them a little in the microwave before filling them. But sometimes if we want to put in a little extra effort, we fry some corn tortillas in oil, and they get crispy but still flexible, and use them for taco shells.

I usually just buy the cheap store burritos. I've not had tacos in along time. Actually I got the nickname taco because despite the fact that I say the word all the time I always try to avoid going to Mexican restaurants. I used to eat tacos when I was younger, they were good, but some how I've always enjoyed taco salad more.

Sometimes ill buy crunchy hard shells from the store…other times ill go to mexican market store and get some fresh corn tortillas and then get SUNFLOWER OIL! must be sunflower oil...and fry in that for a bit...once thats done let it cool drain the grease...u can bake it if u want it crunchier....but i have a deep frier so theres no need

O_O!!! HEALTHIER? I've literally survived off burritos for like the last month. :D 1500calories, beans, cheese, and Tortia, or Beans, beef, and Tortia. :D It's That or Ramen… what do you think I choose? That rant out of the way, Yeah you've missed out. :D

Yeah there is nothing wrong with Tacos. In fact a taco by itself can be a very good meal. Corn tortilla, beef, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, green peppers, and a salsa or something. Very good mixture of foods and nutrients. The only part that might be unhealthy is the preperation of the meat, but you can easily straight fat out of that (not that fat in itself is unhealthy either).