Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whats with the new forum.

Keebler Elf

@[RO:

> Admiral Refuge link=topic=38188.msg364847#msg364847 date=1233984294]
> Stop complaining people; Eclipse has been though much worse than this…  Besides, this has been brought up in other topics
> I agree with HM...

Marsh never takes a break. 4 years building the 400,000 highest traffic site. (keep in mind that this competes against ftps and the chans)

At first I was like;

![](http://www.megatonik.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/omfg.jpg)

But then once I got past the colors I was like;

![](http://forums.flyingstove.com/images/smilies/woah.png)

And now I can see it's gonna be a pretty awesome new look, so i'm all;

![](http://n8ux.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/woot-copy.jpg)

@[EU:

> [SB] LilCheatah link=topic=38188.msg364919#msg364919 date=1234003026]
> When I was going to this forum today I saw that "Recruiting Center"was gone..

I tried to access it via History links… found it.

An Error Has Occurred!An Error Has Occurred!
An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

I'm not going to retype it:

@Anna:

> If I was the head admin for this site, I would make the board theme the only one availible out of spite.
>
> Marsh doesn't want much to do with Eclipse at this time in his life, but yet he spent half the day yesterday trying to fix this board. Unfortunately this theme is the primary one that is stable and works. It has every function of the old boards; posting, display, Who's Online, Recent Posts. And it works. Oh, boo hoo you don't like the theme, well get over it right now, you didn't spend 4 or more hours Ducking with a site you don't care about, worried to please people who aren't worth pleasing (most of you!). The only thing missing is the Shoutbox, but that was a luxury, and had problems in itself.
>
> Cut Marsh some god damn slack for once. This forum and site has been around for years, and has developed into a nice community, atleast in the core. Eclipse is a fun program to use, and ACCESSIBLE to everyone. I don't know when this community got so bitter, but it's a shame it has.
>
> Shoutbox and other working themes will be brought back sometime in the future no doubt, it does no good for you to cry and moan about it now. So please don't.

And, about the Recruitment Center board:

@Anna:

> …We apologize for any lost posts that were in the Recruitment Center, and for inconvenience to Eclipse users who read the stickies and made proper postings in that forum. Please thank the other 90% of the community who had no such reading comprehension.
>
> Since most Recruitment Center threads were miniature WIP threads, you shouldn't need any extra. All you need to do is make a comment on your WIP post or thread, and explain what positions you would like help in. Easier for everyone involved, no extra threads to watch and manage, information still gets out there.