Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MyWorld…

Mulkaar

… One Word.

Epic. I spent ages traversing through this amazing game. I spent upto an hour just running around. Its wicked but unfortunately its fell into one of the biggest traps ever. When i was playing at my low level all I could do was grind grind grind. But it is absolutely awesome. Play it! Im building up my wood supply to either get a fort or a ship. Ill sail the seven seas with my gallion!. Man this game is awesome!

@[SB:

> Fruitpunch link=topic=38416.msg368642#msg368642 date=1234389777]
> It sounds sweet. Let me know when the low level grinding is gone and I will bring legions of old Ultima Online players since it sounds a lot like UO.

Naa i've played it. It dosn't remind of Ultimia online :P. Try darkfall if you want that.

I explored most of the world map and dungeons with my level 1 magician who ran away alot and I say graphic wise it's pretty good. The world map was a really nice touch, I did however not like the rpgmaker sprites.
Bug/Glitch wise there was nothing serious that would ruin the game, if you got time I would recommend atleast trying it. This game does have potential to be a very good game once finished.

I feel like it has so much potential…
Yet I cannot STAND the mapping O.o
Sorry if it seems awful for me to say but there is no attention to Detail and the playability of the maps is awful, Im currently stuck in the middle of about 100 Zombies from all sides...

I feel like it has potential but my main Ehhhish thing is the mapping

It depends how you class "detail".

For me, there is detail, then there is eye-rape. No offence to Baron, but I saw his "Advanced Map Detailing" tutorial, and everybody was giving him priase and all… but it just looked like a mess to me.

I map depending on questions; "Why would that be there?" "Would it physically be able to be there, and not fall over?"

Rocks, for example, "Would there really be a random bunch of rocks in a city street?" and so on...

Exactly. Someone is always moaning about detail but detail isnt everywhere. In a poor persons house there will be hardly any possessions, in a deep deep cavern, A wilderness etc. Conditions like these must be taken into account. What is your climate?
What lives there etc.

@Seba:

> I know but theres a difference between it being bare and it being realistic.
>
> I'm not saying overcrowd it so that it looks amazing I'm saying have more than 3 tiles per map >.>
> All the maps just end up looking the same

I actually take this to offence? =[.

Me and the team work really hard to try not to make everything look the same… I really need to make new building tilesets, which reminds me.

Oh, cool, I said that last peice the wrong way around :D

Seba is right in some ways at some places the mapping is barren. Such as the docks. Where is the transition between water and floor it looks the same level… But in other cases Azkazan is right. not all the MyWorld maps are barren but some are. I suggest flicking through each map and getting a really critical person say even Seba to go through the maps and point out what could be improved. Your fan's opinions matter. Also Az dont take offence. You MUST be able to take constructive criticism. Also its still in WIP and its bloody good for a WIP. But I always make sure I polish up what I've got before expanding.