Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

StarWars!

Techno 5.0

These guys edited that very well, lol im still making my fan film 10 years later.. mind you after that long you do get a bit of practice with saber effects. The latest version of this program:

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/review_alamdv.html

I suggest to anyone buying AlamDV2 if you are into making your own movies, you can achieve those excellent saber effects with it and reall its pretty damn easy to use. Saber Fanning, Clash brightness… its all in there to name a few. Ive been using it about 5 years now, and compared to literally photoshopping it manually, this is just awesome.

And a decent PC is all you need (and time!) , a Mac preferred.

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=38749.msg374126#msg374126 date=1234761543]
> $64 ?
>
> thats not that much

You would be VERY surprised at the program. Its made very well, you literally just load up your original footage and off you go - the render time is really quick.  The export is pretty quick, but you do it in chunks and edit it later, so not really important i spose.

Just need a good lightsaber hilt for a prop with a fake saber indicator bar so you know where to place the saber effect.

oh it also does smoke and explosions, and now matrix bullet fx… seriously for the money this is a really good program.

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=38749.msg374181#msg374181 date=1234763181]
> ill probably use this if i am to incorperate real acting into games

I use it for 3D animation, its fucking excellent. You will see the results in not too long actually, I used it for a cutscene in pixel warz, you can do tie fighter blasters etc in it, it actually goes over 3d animations REALLY well, as its all digital anyway, omg and the lens flares in it, they are sooo real.

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=38749.msg374202#msg374202 date=1234764495]
> Devo…id like to see tha cutscene
>
> lol
> idk bout 3d cuz i suck at it xD

With the amount of youtube tutorials out there, its really easy mate…

I havent done one course besides Pascall and Fortran programming long ago... everything ive learnt from either playing with the software or watching tutorial videos... books for me are hopeless, they always over complicate everything.

@[SB:

> Ninja-Tech link=topic=38749.msg374298#msg374298 date=1234770970]
> i might aswell dive back into blender again xD

I don't know, yeah it's free 'n all.. but Imn just not a blender fan. It is good say.. if your making a 3D game and you are making custom figures and need to rig and skin them (completely necessary if your using a game builder like Realm Crafter3D) but for high res animation, where real-time isnt a factor, I'd suggest 3dsmax, im sure an older copy is cheap these days.