Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm presenting my Business Plan tomorrow!

azkanan

That's right! The business plan i'v being working over for the last few days is finally done, and i'll be presenting it tomorrow morning!

The business is an Internet Café in my local town, i'm hoping to get a 5k-20k grant for it. Maybe 30k if i'm lucky (Them PCs are costly!)

…Just thought i'd let you know this monumentally decisive moment in my life is about to happen xD.

you: Monumental? Pffttt...

Me: Yeah! This could either make me or break me, I can be stuck on less-than-minimal-wage for the next few years, or, I could become an entreperneur (YEAH HEAH I spelt it right. I think).

But, yeah. I actually have some details left to put in it, so I'll have to read your replies later tonight / tomorrow after the presentation. I'll keep y'all posted if anybody cares  :P

@[IG:

> [PWN][SB] Sylexus link=topic=39235.msg381085#msg381085 date=1235337707]
> Nice idea, Make sure Myworld is installed on all of them

Totally. you have to contact the publishers to get a license to use their games in your Café, apparently. (Steam do a deal) And oh yeah! I'm having it as a Gamer's Hole, too :].

@[IG:

> [PWN][SB] Sylexus link=topic=39235.msg381359#msg381359 date=1235352253]
> Dammit, America needs this. How come the UK get's everything best T_T

In soviet russia, everything best is YOU. ?

Y'all feel free to come and visit.. Reckon i'll get away with making a huge 20 foot sign above the door,
"Azkanan's Hole
Fill it!" ?

Ha!

Well…

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

He was impressed - the dude looked like, and sounded like, freakin George Clooney (But his name was Steve. Random lulz.) - that I had done, and apparently, only one other guy had done a Business Plan before.
Everyone else who comes in is kinda, well, yknow *enters* *sits* "aw got dis iydea seee...".

Anyway, he has taken me seriously, given me some websites, phone numbers and a bunch of other semi-useless, but nethertheless important, documents. I like him, shame I'll only be seeing him once in a while, he is a stand-in for a guy I was supposed to see. Go Team Azkanan! Yay!

Of course, all this danged research and work I has to do is going to be keeping me away from MyWorld development till the business is set up, or when I get lazy days in. I'll have to trust my mods to be able to work without me being there, ha. :)

First of all, a COMPLETE buisness plan should take up to six months. When I was setting up my own local buisness with a man in my area, it took months. It was thick as a brick and we spent most of our time getting our references cross checked. If anyone writes you a grant I would be very surprised.

Im not saying your idea is bad, sounds good to me, but google how to make a buisness plan. Then compare with what you have. If it means so much to you, why did you spend two days writing it. I just have a REALLY hard time believeing it is ready to present. Mine took ages and still failed for larger funding.

1\. I did google.

2\. It wasn't a COMPLETE business plan. It was a draft to show to the support peoples that I wasn't some local finger-in-nose idiot with big dreams.

For my efforts, the guy I saw told me I was one of two that even MADE a Business Plan, everybody else who comes in is: Finger-in-nose idiot.

EDIT: Oh snap, I already told you guys that part, ha!