• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Main Menu GUI - Look inside!

Drag0n

Hmmm… I'd say about a 2/10.

Reasons:

- Picture is blurry top right.
- White buttons don't fit in with the dark theme.
- Text on buttons is too plain, If your making a GUI, make it appealing.
- "Your Game Here" font, and color, look terrible. The red and white doesn't fit in with anything else. Add a stroke / drop shadow and change the color and font.
- Add some sort of border around the whole image, Give it a sense of completion.

add color in the background instead of it being all black and white besides the text. I would recommend, if its dark, to not use red text, but thats just my opinion. Also, buttons stand out too much, maybe less opacity or something.

Hmm.. I think he used some of the premade patterns in GIMP, so 4/10 for trying.. But it really doesn't look very good. Try and maybe put gloss on the buttons, replace the font with something else, the title font is terrible, and maybe change the button color theme to black and darker gray.. No white though.

-Alpha

• 3 weeks later...
Its better than my first GUI but it could still improve in some areas.

-Don't use black and white that much, they contrast a lot, so it is hard to create a smooth, good looking black and white image.
-If you have a random looking pattern in the background, don't make the buttons have anotherone, it just looks odd, and the buttons don't feel like they should go there. If you have a random pattern in the background, use nice smooth looking buttons. This doesn't mean they should be plain.
-The same with the name, also the color doesn't seem to fit in, giving a border to it could help.
-Use drop shadows more, this, although its not necesary gives the feeling that the buttons interact with the background… which is usually helpfulll.