Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3D…

ddunit

The first video just uses rotation over the x-axis, very easy to get that done with both OpenGL and Direct3D, you can even do it with some 2D library if you know some maths.

The second video also uses rotation but then over the x-axis OR the z-axis (I didn't see any sprite which used both) so it should be theoretically possible with a 2D library too, but it's way easier with something like OpenGL.

Neither of the videos are mode7 though, for those who think that. If you want to see how mode7 works and if want you to see some pictures then the following article might be interesting: http://pixwiki.bafsoft.com/mags/5/articles/circle/sincos.htm

Regards,
  Xenonyte.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> The first video just uses rotation over the x-axis, very easy to get that done with both OpenGL and Direct3D, you can even do it with some 2D library if you know some maths.
>
> The second video also uses rotation but then over the x-axis OR the z-axis (I didn't see any sprite which used both) so it should be theoretically possible with a 2D library too, but it's way easier with something like OpenGL.

Well yeah, thats what I said. You just need to make the trees and houses stand up and you're good. 3.0 uses Direct3D I guess, so it shouldn't be a problem.

@[SF:

> Irhymer link=topic=40833.msg401957#msg401957 date=1237504684]
> *raises hand. i'm in….(if i'm aloud)
> ------------------------edit
>
> we could make a sprite to look like all the main characters of eclipse. And the legends that dont want to play are put as NPC's. Now we need a good story... :cheesy:

Kreator _left_ a while ago… I just could ask him to do the sprites.

@Ghost:

> I feel ya. I like to work alone.
>
> On topic-
> Not gonna lie, I kinda see a way to do this.
> also, not gonna lie again… Don't get your hopes up.

You chould just help us with base then leave us… it's your choice ;)

Well see, I kinda see how to do it for the ground layer.

Only thing I'd have to figure out is some formulas.

But then, I just realized that the tree's X values are going to have to change based on how far back they are as well. So I have to think of a formula for that too. I'm gonna work on this some tonight, probably mostly this weekend, and if i can't figure it out by the end of the weekend I'll kinda push it to the side for a while so that I can get other more important things done.

@ Ddunit:
Naw, I don't mind working with others as long as the game wasn't my idea. If I come up with an idea for a game, I feel like letting other people work on it is going to destroy my idea and it won't turn out the way I wanted. I'm ok with just, being here for whatever yall need my help with.

ha. naw. I wouldn't share something like that with EVERYONE.

I'd give it to a few people I'm closer with on the forums, and some people whom I believe have proved that they're worthy of something awesome.

For example… I don't want a 1 post person with no decent maps or anything to have access to such a cool feature. Sorry if some people find that rude, it's just how I roll.

@Ghost:

> Oh shat. HM is reading this. He's probably thinking "jeez guys calm down… i could make this source edit in my sleep... in 5 seconds. While making love to a beautiful woman (and still sleeping) because I am god."

wow ….. that came out of no where...

@Ghost:

> Dude, if something like that is remotely possible with 3.0…. I'm definitely trying it. Hurry up HM i want 3.0 now!! =) jk take your time

Im gonna make a demo vid once I finish this part. Thats called transforming the view matrix for the ground level. To do it in 3.0 requires 2 lines of code. (tested)

Alright now munkay. don't make me go ape shit. (hehe, monkey pun… don't ya love it)

I'm askin about 2.7 though. Do you think I could make it happen in 2.7?

EDIT_
btw, I can still see some problems with this.
Take for example, a platform that's slightly higher than the ground. You can't show a height difference because if you put it in mask layer it will be straight up like normal, and if you put it in ground layer it will be flat like the ground

@Ghost:

> Alright now munkay. don't make me go ape shit. (hehe, monkey pun… don't ya love it)
>
> I'm askin about 2.7 though. Do you think I could make it happen in 2.7?

you'd probably have to use some OpenGL calls but totally possible. Check the vet board if you can. I posted 2.5 with 3D in August.

edit:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=30471.0

edit2 :
fuck mediafire deleted it.