Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Previous Credits

varinyc

I had credit in the previous client for the Mailing System.

Also, is paperdolling IN silver & gold? I ask that because the character I created has glasses, but doesn't have glasses ingame, that led me to believe it wasn't.

Nothing is direct anymore, everything is hidden, and we're all crutched on reading tutorials to figure out how things are done, even if they're not written yet :/

Yes paperdolling via items still works.

This version of Eclipse is completely built off of EO3.0 (not Seks version or anything like that). With that said I wrote the mailing system personally about 10 months ago when I first started working on 4.0 with Amish….

As for the other comments we are here to answer any questions to make it less confusing as it is not meant to confuse you.

It's hardly hidden, it's at the bottom of the item editor if you look properly. I don't get how you could have seriously looked at the editor and thought "Oh, the paperdolling function must have been removed.", It's pretty much in the same spot as always after all, only difference so far is that the box it's rendered in is a bit smaller. (Also, an item in your item list is not automatically placed on your character when equipped, you need to manually set the paperdoll for it, last time it did this automatically from the item sheet was back in Eclipse Stable. Although obviously, since there's no item sheet with paperdolls on it anymore I'd imagine you can deduct it wouldn't do this on its own anymore.)

![](http://i.imgur.com/ttI10Ec.png)

As for things being hidden, what is being hidden? I keep hearing folks tell me that information is hidden, but they never really provide any examples as to what is.

I'm not talking about the function, I'm talking about where the images are located, so that I can add my own. I can't find where it's located at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for being hidden, I feel as if I'm upset at the change to closed source. Granted you're making a wonderful engine, and it works amazingly at that, the limits have been caged to 'you'. Regardless if you're better than 99.9% of the programmers here, that limitation is still there telling me "you can only do this much, that's all that's allowed right now.".

Understanding that you can't please everyone, finding a middleground, or even having the time to care about one, it's fine that it costs money. I'd love to buy it. What else I'd like to see is a lot more growth, both financially, and community wise. Like, charge something substantial to have your product (gradually adding features and costs), make a flat price somewhere modest, then release older versions open source.

That would be the silver and gold I'd like to see. Cutting edge gets what they want, if they want it bad enough to pay money (my category). Then later on, It's discounted, and includes an older version of the source. Located so far away on a timeline measured in patches, that your work doesn't feel like it's been jeopardized. and allows the other niche to be happy with something.

Prices could even be flopped with the names,  Silver is more expensive but offers more "freedom" & less new features. Owning Gold allows you to have the newest, closed, and also entitles you to participate in contests.

Buying both would allow you to possibly create epic things in a thriving community, and enter them in to some hypothetical competition. For what? For winning cash and having the idea worked on and ironed to perfection.

Even better would be, after all that one time payment stuff and emptying ramen & monster money, feeling a little happier and better rewarded with hard work, milestone patches could be an additional few bucks, something to say "hey this fucking rocks, here D:<". This would make most people(under control of a game) feel better about thier work, as it would raise it's worth. Being able to commit more to something growing more, and also raising demand by scaling it's cost WITH the work put into it.

I'm not trying to be anything more than a customer, but I've been a server long enough that it will never etch out of my brain. I'm only voicing my opinions and am completely fine with them being rejected, as long as I know they were listened to, and if it feels like I'm not the only one who thinks the same way, consider it.

~~~~~~~~~

The cooperation between company and consumer is what drives me to a product. Once driven though, I just like to be loyal, and that's a value heavily based on a long long time.