Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hobbies

dray777

i get really bored and im looking for a good hobby im 13 and broke so it needs to be cheap or free and very time consuming… and fun.... i like stuff where i can like collect parts and make whatever it is better like collecting car parts or parts to a computer and fixing it up and all that. it'd be cool if i can socialize with other people. online games work too if they are free. i like warhamer but its too expensive nw so if theres something like that then lemme know. i had tried yahoo answers and they told me to try knitting.... cus ya know... every 13 year old boy dreams of knitting right?

Well me. I started playing games since…I don't know like 6 or younger.

Gaming is one of the thing I do but you will waste your life doing that.
I also play sports and reading(manga, books).
Watch a long series. If you're into Anime like me, You can watch those or you can watch the TV Show like Heroes.
You should see what your school have like maybe after school activities.
And your friends. You can always hang out with them. I go to the movies with them every weekend.
There are many things in life that you haven't done yet since you're still 13.

Sincerely,
Rithy

PS : I'm 13 too.

@dray777:

> i get really bored and im looking for a good hobby im 13 and broke so it needs to be cheap or free and very time consuming… and fun.... i like stuff where i can like collect parts and make whatever it is better like collecting car parts or parts to a computer and fixing it up and all that. it'd be cool if i can socialize with other people. online games work too if they are free. i like warhamer but its too expensive nw so if theres something like that then lemme know. i had tried yahoo answers and they told me to try knitting.... cus ya know... every 13 year old boy dreams of knitting right?

You know you've just described Eclipse there…
Its free, fun, time consuming.
The collecting parts, easy all the scripts, GFX, Midis, that you put toghether to make your game, and well socializing, you can do that in the forums xD

Yup. It's all I do now, make MyWorld, do some 3D Imagery and talk to you nugget-heads.

Otherwise, get into Novelism or Painting, Reading or Sketching. I hate it when people go "omfg im zo bored theres like nuffink 2 do at allll" aha.

Dungeons and Dragons has a bit of a setup cost to buy the books, but from there it's all you.
Other than that, a lot of pay-to-play online games are only 15 bucks a month, which is pennies really. Go find 50 cents on the ground a day and you can cover it.

@Thorn:

> Dungeons and Dragons has a bit of a setup cost to buy the books, but from there it's all you.

Really, if you know the game you can play without the books, like me. Or, if you're a pirate, you could get them off the net, but that's not supporting WotC. Also, you always need friends who also want to play to have a proper d&d game.

But I see your point.

–-

As for dray, when I was your age, I was bored most of the time. Just make projects and hang out with friends if you want something to do. I'm building a bike powered human dynamo right now for no reason other than I'm bored.

yeah, I didn't go into depth with the airsoft stuff.

Don't get cheap 30$ guns (Unless its the shotgun ones, they're alright , good FPS for 30$ )
but the pistols are generally not that good.

Airsoft hurts more than paintball, but that isn't saying alot, paintball never seemed to bother me.

Get some good guns, a good wooded place, or urban place, but without people, and some friends and you guys will have a blast