Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should games be banned or rerated?

Zeropan152

I know i know this is a stupid idea, but i need this for my research essay, and im against on game banning/rerating, but whenever i google on consequence of gaming i always find negative affects like shooting somone, disobeying parents and all that stuff. So tell me your opinion why they should stop these nonsense on banning or rerating games:evil:

All of this violent video games things is bullshit. Parents just need to look at the age rating before they let there kid play something.

In most of those cases that are said to be "related" to video games, it's a case of a kid playing a game he isn't supposed to play.

I disagree with that because I think that it will make the person choose the option to kill easier than if he didn't play it, of course most people will say that it is a bad idea after playing a violent game or watching a violent movie, but some people thinks otherwise or maybe they are on drugs or something else is affecting there ability to choose the right options.

But you are right, all in all it isn't the games or movies that should take the fault because the person already weren't at him/herself.

@§tingRay200:

> What about GTA?

what about it ? if you or i pick the game up and play it are going going to kill someone just because we have played that game ?
if someone kills someone but they just so happen to own GTA so what ? GTA is labelled badly but i find other games to be just as violent… example call of duty GTA has non violent missions ( taxi etc.) but cod4 for example you just shoot people theirs no other way to go about it how come cod is not labeled just as bad as GTA ?

@zach4873:

> what about it ? if you or i pick the game up and play it were not going to kill someone.
> if someone kills someone but they just so happen to own GTA so what ? GTA is labelled badly but i find other games to be just as violent… example call of duty GTA has non violent missions ( taxi etc.) but cod4 for example you just shoot people theirs no other way to go about it how come cod is not labeled just as bad as GTA ?

Wow isnt that suppose to be obvious. COD you're trying to save your country, GTA- you're killing random people mindlessly, delivering drugs, and all that sort of stuff. Im not saying though that im for bannin/rerating games, im still against it.

shit that happens like that is never directly related to video games. The public relates it to video games not to make them look bad, but I did some research on this subject for a report on this year, and 4/5 of shootings that were supposedly video game related, the shooter was actually in a state of rejection/depression, which is probably why they were playing video games in the first place.

@Zeropan:

> Wow isnt that suppose to be obvious. COD you're trying to save your country, GTA- you're killing random people mindlessly, delivering drugs, and all that sort of stuff. Im not saying though that im for bannin/rerating games, im still against it.

so going onto a hardcore team death match on cod 4 and killing my team mates is protecting my country now :X ? no matter how you look at games almost every game can be said to be just as bad as any other game depending on how its played. i wouldnt mind if games were re rated but not if they were banned

If you are to base you life on a video game, you have to be a very small kid. A 13 year old kid that plays GTA for first time won't decide right there that he wants to kill someone. Most of the time its based how you were raised,where you lived, and your state of life. Usually this starts when you are 5 or 6.

@Jna:

> If you are to base you life on a video game, you have to be a very small kid. A 13 year old kid that plays GTA for first time won't decide right there that he wants to kill someone. Most of the time its based how you were raised,where you lived, and your state of life. Usually this starts when you are 5 or 6.

Exactly with proper parenting i dont think any current games on the market are going to cause and really harm.