Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A WIP Tileset Map Screen

Revo Rayen

Er… Yeah. I've been working on converting an old tileset I used in RPG Maker VX so that it can work in Eclipse.

Note that this is merely an example of the tileset. I haven't gotten enough of it switched over to Eclipse format to make a very good map yet.

![](http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t157/Final-Knight/example1.png)

By the way, if this tileset has already been converted into a Eclipse-capable format, please tell me because parts of the converting are being a pain.

Uh.. Well, that's all for now.

._.

very nice! the tileset itself has a nice 3d, yet old school look. For my taste, the map seems a little bit crowded, but it's just plain amazing. 9.5/10

also, tileset wise, one of my other problems is that some of the objects have shadows and some don't, like the house and the spider plant. Also, the lighting is not correct in all of them. Some of the objects show that the lighting is upward, like the barrels, while others, like the miniature, fat tree, show that the light source is too the left.

Thanks,

oracle

@Revo:

> By the way, if this tileset has already been converted into a Eclipse-capable format, please tell me because parts of the converting are being a pain.
>
> Uh.. Well, that's all for now.
>
> ._.

I did not make the tileset, I'm just converting it. I'll give proper credits before I give the converted tileset. (Mainly cause I have to find the site again, cause I forgot the guy's name again >.<) I did make the map though, in RMVX, yes. But it was just to show the tileset. I've got it about halfway converted.

Also, V-Rage. I don't understand. Why did you quote part of my post..?

This is amazing. Coming from me, that means a lot since I have tried to convert RMVP before and it's **very** hard. The way Enterbrain did it is perplexing and makes me think they despise GFX artists… beautiful GFX though!

The tilesets are originally made by "MACK". I'll give the full credits and the website when I actually finish up the first tileset and post it.

Unfortunately, when I saved it last night, I screwed up and saved in the wrong format, which screwed up the colors. ._.; So, I'm starting again today, but I might finish the first tileset tonight, cause I have lots of free time tonight.

I really want to contribute to the community here, but I keep screwing it up. D:

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=44003.0

Posted a WIP version of the tileset. ._.

Also…

> Very cool, like 0racle said, a bit too crowded, and the river isn't straight, and niether is the grass, thats what throws me off

1\. People on RPG Maker sites tell me it's too empty. It's hard to switch between these 2 engines. D:
2\. It's not a river, it's a creek or something. And I know, it's a bit jagged.
3\. Grass isn't supposed to be straight. It's the wilderness. ._.