• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pet

ploxie

Please!

Can someone please create  code for "Pets"
some thing i want in the code:

1) The pet will follow you (only if you "release it")
2) I want it to attack the same mobs as I do
3) I little attack bar that shows what the pet should do, like attack, call, pr something other cool
4) And I want a little button that "release" the pet

Don't say that, people flamed me becuse they did not believe I made one. I just am watching the '4' hours you mentioned… I took 1-2 weeks to make my full pet script in sadscript. If he is telling the true, let him prove like I did:
Host a testing server and let people join to test.

Comments,

Im no lie… im a one of developers of spanish source edit of eclipse 2.7 called "AlterEngine", and we add and quest editor via source, advanced pets, directx8 with item rotator, particles and more fixes and improvements and soon open source (all in spanish).

The original base is a pet of old elysium, we debugged and add more improvements like a visual menu, add stats points, evolve. etc.

Any screenshots of pet system:

1\. The pet item.
![](http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3816/pet1u.jpg)

2\. Select the pet, and the name.
![](http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5039/pet2vym.jpg)

3\. The pet, and the visual menu of pet.
![](http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3994/pet3rqn.jpg)

Well, the pet can attack other players and npcs.

:P and yes, the improvements and implementing is about 4 hours.

Not to sound bad here, but screen shots kinda of don't prove it -> therefor my point on letting people join the server and let them summon a pet, at least that's my opinion (and that's why I did too).

Comments,

I can personally vogue for Zananok; I've tried his pet system, and here is the review I made when I first tried it:
@Ⓐⓓⓜⓘⓡⓐⓛ:

> Okay, I just tried that other Pet System
>
> I recorded it,  but it didn't save right… Anyhow, I'll explain step-by-step what happens in it...
>
> I connected to his server, took abit for the map to load and all.. .Anyway, there's a scripted NPC... I went to the scripted NPC, and hit "ctrl", and a custom menu (using the "book" bg) came up, asking for what type of pet (pet1, pet2, pet3) to buy, and it had an area to name the pet...
>
> Now, there were already tons of NPCs in this map, with no pets on it yet, I should point out...
>
> So, once I buy the pet (I choose pet2 I think) and I type, "/pet" and the pet appeared... The admin did the same with his pet.
>
> Anyway, the pets can attack other players, attack other npcs, die, um... It can go to this hospital bed to heal, and it can even equip items!
>
> If you click another NPC/player, it will go over to it and attack it, and if you click yourself **it will follow you** around.. .It's not a sprite, but an actual npc-type thing…
>
> Some things I have noticed, where that the map refreshes every time you summon/unsummon the pet, or every time your pet dies (you will need to resummon it in the hospital only, if it's dead).
>
> There's a stat window for the pet and everything too....
>
> * * *
>
> **Bottom line**: His pet system works, has alot of features, was able to summon 2 pets (maybe more with more players) with the max NPCs on the map, and um… it EXISTS
>
> Awesome system Zananok.