Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guild Conquer a Castle? (EFF)

NiceLoki

Hi, Sorry for my bad english >.> ok, here I go….

I want to create a Castle in my game, but, when a Guild Reach the last level of the castle and one of the members of the guild talk with an Npcs or something a Global Msg appears saying e.j: "Lost Legacy has conquer the north Castle" and every member of the guild recive an item.... And.. OMG e.e  XD a Picture or frm wich says... the current conquer of the castle e.e 

I know this is too much.... But... can anybody help me? T.T

I'm Using Eclipse Final Frontier

I Edited the code of Party Only Map:

[http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/128919-party-only-maps/?hl=+party%20+only](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/128919-party-only-maps/?hl=+party%20+only)

Server Side

U add this in ModPlayer/Sub PlayerWarp

Below

> ' Save old map to send erase player data to
>
>     OldMap = GetPlayerMap(index)

add

> 'Check if the map is a castle
>
> If Map(mapnum).Moral = MAP_MORAL_GUILD_MAP And GetPlayerAccess(index) = 0 Then
> If Player(index).GuildFileId = 0 Then
> Call PlayerMsg(index, "U need to be part of a clan for enter", Red)
> With Map(GetPlayerMap(index))
>         ' to the bootmap if it is set
>        If .BootMap > 0 Then
>            PlayerWarp index, .BootMap, .BootX, .BootY
>         Else
>         PlayerWarp index, START_MAP, START_X, START_Y
>        End If
>       End With
> Exit Sub
>
> End If
> End If

Now in modConstats and find

> Public Const MAP_MORAL_SAFE As Byte = 1

After that add:

> Public Const MAP_MORAL_GUILD_MAP As Byte = 2

And that´s the only thing I´ve done for this system u.u

> What kind of systems do you have to hook into for this?

Didn´t understand what u mean D: I just want to Put a map moral  "Guild Map" or "Castle" so… just guilds can be on it, but this is the easy part, I´m doing it editing the "Only party map" code... ... the difficult its: Making A npc or something who can make your guild the "conquer of the castle" and a global mensage says : "Guild name Has conquer Castle name" and a reward for all the guilds members... 

(Sorry, My english suks t.t)

You could add a variable to the Map rec called CapturedBy or something like that. Then, if you have a conversation system, make an event triggered by the conversation that changes the map variable CapturedBy. Then, make a packet that sends and updates this information to the rest of the players online. Rather simple.

> You could add a variable to the Map rec called CapturedBy or something like that. Then, if you have a conversation system, make an event triggered by the conversation that changes the map variable CapturedBy. Then, make a packet that sends and updates this information to the rest of the players online. Rather simple.

That´s the part I have no Idea how to do T.T

Okay, so basically, many of the variables that the features in your engine run on are in User Defined Types. If you have a source file called modTypes, open it and you'll see what I mean.

Now, you want the conversation with the NPC to trigger the capture of the castle. So, go to the sub in the code where you want this to happen. Say, a sub that handles talking to an NPC or selecting a response. Add code that will change the variable to whatever you need it to be.

As for the packets, I'll find you a tutorial on that. It's here somewhere…

EDIT:

Here's the tut.

[http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/112479-eo-tutorial-how-to-use-packets-serverclient/](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/112479-eo-tutorial-how-to-use-packets-serverclient/)