Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gold transfer?

Colonello

> Gold members will have benefits but we do not know what exactly they will be yet.

JC, I really think you should give them the new version of Eclipse. I don't plan on using the engine myself, but for people looking for an easy route you should make it as pain free as possible.

It's very clear the right way to take the community. This is why, I can barely even stand coming here anymore. I even offer my criticism and seems to be a waste of my efforts. Although, there are many people including Sekaru who I warn ahead of their failures, but they just consider me crazy or not knowing how to direct a community. I'm actually really experienced in that area.

> JC, I really think you should give them the new version of Eclipse. I don't plan on using the engine myself, but for people looking for an easy route you should make it as pain free as possible.
>
>  
>
> It's very clear the right way to take the community.

First of all I am developing the engine but it is not mine. I have input in some decisions but they are not mine to make.

Your opinion is the obvious favorite apart from just giving V away for free. (Both have been noted.) I am simply going to defer to my original statement which is that we are not trying to find a way to screw Gold members when it comes to Eclipse V we haven't even discussed any kind of pricing for the engine let alone what benefits current Gold members will receive. Right now our focus is getting the engine released in a decent time frame.

> This is why, I can barely even stand coming here anymore. I even offer my criticism and seems to be a waste of my efforts. Although, there are many people including Sekaru who I warn ahead of their failures, but they just consider me crazy or not knowing how to direct a community. I'm actually really experienced in that area.

Umm… off topic, and irrelevant in my opinion to be completely honest.

> Umm… off topic, and irrelevant in my opinion to be completely honest.

I was providing an example, it isn't off topic.

I never said give it away for free, but don't make it a paid software to use. For example, don't restrict amount of items you can make - restrict it in a more fair way.

I think the new engine is a great idea. I am personally a mac user and have been using Bootcamp to create my games. It'll be amazing to not have to use my windows portion anymore to develop games. Plus there are tons of people buying Macs every day meaning this new engine can possible double the amount of players a game could get. Also many people prefer Linux over windows so all the Linux users will also be able to play aswell. The webclient is also really amazing, I have quite a few friends who are super afraid of viruses and really don't download anything so the webclient will allow them to play the games I create or even help with them.