Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VB6 Portable

Smallbro

Well I've been having problems compiling the source code in visual basic portable Admiral is aware of my problem and has apparently seen a few other case's of this.
Apparently its caused by a lack of files in the portable version.
This is the error i get, just to see how many more have the same problem:
"Method or data member not found"
Then it highlights this area of the source
.txtChat.

• 2 weeks later...
The rich textbox control is in RICHTX32.OCX. Download and register it in System32.

I have no idea if it'll work in Portable, however, as it's only shipped with VB6 Enterprise and Professional.

[http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=RICHTX32.OCX](http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=RICHTX32.OCX)

lol, it is working fine… it cannot find txtchat... so, can u give me the line of code in which this error occurs?

@Robin, your right, it may not have one at all so the dll may do it. But I think it would be a line of code in which you would need to add frmmirage.txtchat instead of txtchat.

:huh: Still not working… This is from my other post:

Compile error:
    Method or data member not found

It covers bolded text from next code:
Public Sub AddText(ByVal Msg As String, ByVal color As Integer)
    frmMirage.txtChat.SelStart = Len(frmMirage**.txtChat**.Text)
    frmMirage.txtChat.SelColor = QBColor(color)
    frmMirage.txtChat.SelText = vbNewLine & Msg
    frmMirage.txtChat.SelStart = Len(frmMirage.txtChat.Text) - 1

If frmMirage.chkAutoScroll.Value = Unchecked Then
        frmMirage.txtChat.SelStart = frmMirage.txtChat.SelStart
    End If
End Sub

So only that .txtChat is marked

And btw, that OCX file was in eclipse libraryfiles… they are not only eclipses lib files :D

Basically, it can't find txtChat, which is a rich textbox.

If you've loaded the source in when the rich textbox control's API wasn't found, then it'll have replaced it with a blank picturebox.

jcsnider, It's not a problem with the code, it's a problem with the way VB6 portable handles itself.

Look in to frmMirage for me, and find the big textbox where the player's chat normally appears. Click on it, and tell me what it says it is in the properties menu.

If you've loaded up the source before, received an error, then saved it, you'll have f*cked up your textbox. You'll have to delete the thing and add a new rich textbox and call it txtChat.

I'm not just pulling advice out of my arse, I've dealt with this problem from plenty of people who tried loading things in Portable. Hell, I had the problem myself when I first started out.

```
frmMirage.txtChat.Text
```
As you can see, the form is fine. It's a problem with the control, and the most common problem with this is that the thing is removed if the library for it isn't found.

When it came to compiling the source code for the client, I was going to throw it all in a zip folder, upload it, and get somebody to compile it for me haha.

But if I need to edit the source, it will be annoying. Thats why I'm working solo right now lol…

It still doesn't ignore that .txtChat…... I dled the full version... What's the problem?

Wait! I think i understood... I got an error about frmMirage and it asked me to save it. I saved, as dumb as i am... So it's THAT! Dling source again...