Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Web Designer

Antidote

Hey, I'm Caleb, and I'm 16 years old.  I've been working with computers long enough to know what I'm doing with most stuff, and web design is one of them. 

Although I do know CSS, I'll be using the Joomla CMS to create websites, as it's easier to simply hand over the website to the client after it's done being made.

I'd like the following information before I start:
-Content-  I'm not going to make a website for someone who doesn't know what they're going to put on it.  Have some decent information, or SOMEthing to put on the site once I've finished it.

-Colors-  Although this isn't entirely necessary, it's easier if I know what general color you want your site to be.  If you have an example site (someone elses that you like) that's great, because it's something to base it off of.  No one who's expecting a black site wants a pink one.

That's really it for now…if you have images or other information/content/colors/whatever, just let me know what they are and I'll put those in.  If you have a general layout for your site, please include that as well.  The more specific you are, the easier it makes it for me, so include everything you can think of.

A few examples of my work:
http://hanginginthebalance.totalh.com  -  My game's website.
http://ctemplates.totalh.com  -  A template site I'm working on...
http://anthonykidsgo.isgreat.com  -  My younger siblings wanted a site for their home-made TV show.

I'm doing my first few sites for free, as I need some experience working with clients and making a website for someone ELSE before I charge.  If you want a website, just let me know!!

• 1 month later...
Yes, I know HTML and quite a bit of CSS.  I can understand how to create the graphics for a Joomla template, how to set up the module sections, and how to put the site together.  I know enough of the system to take a template and change it around, too, so it doesn't look like every other template out there. 

If you want an HTML site, I can do that, too, but I find that Joomla is much easier to use to create the sites, to manage them, and then to hand them off to the client after I'm finished.

I only have a single template that's half-finished, because I've been busy working with Joomla. 

Really, this thread is for people that want websites, and I don't really want criticism on how lousy of a web designer I am because I'm not using the method that you want me to.

@Antidote:

> Really, this thread is for people that want websites, and I don't really want criticism on how lousy of a web designer I am because I'm not using the method that you want me to.

So why did you put the topic title as "Web Designer" if your not acctuly designing any websites. Content with a unrelated title. Its like saying "Hi im a plumber, im here to fix your windows."

But it's not downloadable.  You CAN download it if you want to host it from your computer, but quite a few free webhosts (I use byethost) support it and you can access it directly from the internet, anywhere. 

And I'd have to say that it's a LOT better than freewebs, because there's a huge userbase that creates add-ons and new modules that you can add to your site to give it more of a "bang," plus there's 1,000's of free templates to pick from, all of which are highly customizable.