Find results in...

Fis-X [Eclipse 2.7 with Gravity and Jump]

mrmiguu

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@The:

> not sure this is ground breaking… i seem to remember about a year ago a game coming out having to do with ancient rome, and in the trailer i saw plenty of jumping. Was made by spainion... i forget the name tho

Lol, the potential is "ground breaking." I am fixing up the system but no one gave me time to fix the system yesterday. I will try again today.

@The:

> it doesnt even look like its choppy. just a few times warps that add 1 to the player's y until he reaches the peak, then warps back down the same way. Not to mention the "walking in the middle of the air" bug

It sounds easier than it is. To make this work properly, it req. a lot of tedious work. To be honest, I was expecting everyone to bash our discovery and label it "suck-ish." The point being, I only released this to test Lan-IP connectivity, not to show off. If I wanted to show off, I would have waited till I got offsets completely working. I already said that it would be "choppy" because I haven't added the same "smooth-moving system" eclipse uses for moving; offsetting the player's rec. If anyone else wishes to comment on the system, I won't listen because it's getting old and I have heard it way too many times to listen to this foolishness.

- MrMiguu

btw you have to try this on LAN, then you'll see how epic it is.
over the internet it goes all "Weird - ish" and choppy and looks like a series of warps put together.
Trust me I played through the internet and it looked crap, but when played on LAN its amazing :azn:

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> It sounds easier than it is. To make this work properly, it req. a lot of tedious work. To be honest, I was expecting everyone to bash our discovery and label it "suck-ish." The point being, I only released this to test Lan-IP connectivity, not to show off. If I wanted to show off, I would have waited till I got offsets completely working. I already said that it would be "choppy" because I haven't added the same "smooth-moving system" eclipse uses for moving; offsetting the player's rec. If anyone else wishes to comment on the system, I won't listen because it's getting old and I have heard it way too many times to listen to this foolishness.
>
> - MrMiguu

Your contradicting what you said on your thread… you said "whoever is reading this is witnessing history" and "awesome capabilities"
I think the reason why people are slamming you is because you got their hopes up too high.

@Xavi:

> Your contradicting what you said on your thread… you said "whoever is reading this is witnessing history" and "awesome capabilities"
> I think the reason why people are slamming you is because you got their hopes up too high.

Name me one person who has released an Eclipse-based physics engine to the public? Yea… that's right.

@Xavi:

> Your contradicting what you said on your thread… you said "whoever is reading this is witnessing history" and "awesome capabilities"
> I think the reason why people are slamming you is because you got their hopes up too high.

actually we did meet their hopes, on localhost though

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> No, not until Open Beta. I assure you it works and I don't want to do a demo because I am afraid of being flamed for my valiant efforts.

Ignore people who flame, at least you're actually doing something and now bitching about how no-one is doing anything.. ;]

he did have a beta and it worked. it was amazing he had a lag with jumping but i think he fixed it not sure. i was a mapper xD. i call being mapper for next version lol and add better tiles becuz i cant map well with those but nice job 10/10 for effort!

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> No, not until Open Beta. I assure you it works and I don't want to do a demo because I am afraid of being flamed for my valiant efforts.

I never thought you were one of those people who were afraid of the community. If I were you, I would release it, and only pay attention to constructive complements or criticism. You can't let the community hold you back.
@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Name me one person who has released an Eclipse-based physics engine to the public? Yea… that's right.

Well, that's not a good reason. There hasn't been one person who released an Eclipse-based engine with all of eclipses features taken out, but does that make it good? I'm not saying that your engine is bad, I just think that you MIGHT be thinking the release you gave us is better then it actually is. At least, that's what it seemed like to me.

1\. I don't let the community hold me back. How am I being held back and what from? Letting people not test something that I know works already isn't preventing me from accomplishing anything.

2\. If someone else has ever made a working physics engine with Eclipse, what would be the reason never to release it? What I meant by when I said that was that I was the only person to release a working physics engine, while on the other hand, you could just say many people have done this but haven't had the courage or just didn't feel like releasing their engine.