Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RTE] [EE2.7] Files Missing

destructor23

okay first i put the library files into a map. then i try to run library files.bat and i get win32 screen and some messages with half of them is error (module data is loaded but the call to Dllregisterserver has failed etc)

then the server.exe works fine but when i run the client.exe i get all sorts of errors like  D:/eclipse/client/data/zlib.dll is missing.

and when i look into the data file it is there?!

• 4 weeks later...
I'd recommend removing everything related to Eclipse from your computer, except work of your own that you've done, of course, and then reinstalling it. Put in the Vista Fix before you try to do anything. Then, restart your computer. Post here again if you have any problems after that.

@destructor23:

> okay first i put the library files into a map.

What do you mean by that? Just save the library files onto your desktop, and then extract the compressed file. Open the extracted folder, and run the files in the order it says.

@dpg:

> It still says im missing the dll files :( and i downloaded vista fix

go to your system32 folder
find regsvr32
copy and paste it into data in client
then right click go to properties
Security > Run program as administrator
drag all the files into that, then tell me if it works?

The dll errors when running "Run Third.bat" library installer won't matter; it's errors that you get running the server or client you should be worried about.

Everyone gets errors from that old batch file, it doesn't matter; did the vista fix solve the client-related issues?

@dpg:

> Ughhh sorry for double but now sound doesnt work anymore! I geuss it screwed it up more :(

Did it stop working after trying INH's advice or Kimimaru's advice?

Download [the latest version of ELI](http://www.worldwarproductions.com/eli/ELI%202%20Beta.exe). Right-click it and open to properties. Click on the Security tab and run it as an administrator.

@dpg:

> Ughhh sorry for double but now sound doesnt work anymore! I geuss it screwed it up more :(

Are you sure it isn't muted?

Regards,
  Godlord.

Try to reverse the effects of what INH said. Anyway, for the sound, if you're using Windows XP, make sure that the SW Synth volume isn't muted or the lowest it can be. This controls the MIDI file volumes, well, for me at least. To access this, go to the bottom left of the taskbar, near where it shows the time. Look for the volume icon and double click on it. The Master Volume controls should come up. Change the SW Synth volume accordingly.

I have vista, i said that already and btw my sound is fixed, i reinstalled vista fix, now the only things i cant do is edit things from the server thing but i really dont care :/ thanks anyways guys :) all i cared about was the sound :P