Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reviews & News: An Idea

Fenix

Hey again guys,

Since Eclipse is finally getting a couple of good games off the ground, I've decided to start working on a website focused on reviewing, promoting, and providing updates on Eclipse games made here. You can think of the website as sort of a Rolling Stone for Eclipse games. I'll feature reviews, previews, development news, and game promotions.

I'm working on a free, test version of the website now. If I can get enough support from the community here to fund it, I'm willing to buy a .com domain name. If I can get it popular enough to feel like I wouldn't be ripping people off, I'm also considering offering very cheap paid "promotions" (Like maybe you're game gets featured on the front page). The core of the site would be reviews of upcoming and released Eclipse games. I would include screenshots, links to download the games, and a forum for discussion on upcoming "titles". I'd also include opportunities for players to write their own reviews of games, post their own screenshots, and generally participate in the community.

At first I'm just going to focus on content. I'm building the website with a template and I'm not spending any money on a domain name yet. I'm going to put as much effort in as I can afford to do, and if you guys use the website, I will be able to make it professional, and maybe do some advertising (which would, in turn, help your games). But anyway, assuming I do a good job and put up some good content (and I'll try and finish my pilot complete with a few reviews fairly soon), would you guys visit or use a website like that?

As soon as I'm done, I'll let you guys check it out.

There are loads of coders that can help with the site, and alot of good graphic artists to help out with the template, so you shouldn't have trouble if you need help.
And seriously, a domain is like.. $10 a year, you won't _need_ a donation.
Also, I wonder if Marsh would let you host it under his domain.

Sounds like a good idea.