Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MotR Online ~ Magic of the Realm. [PRE-WIP]

Bongartist

@Azkanan:

> Far more informative than most of the bs they have there… Just be careful how much information you give out. If you give out your best stuff, then somebody steals the idea, makes a crappy version of it in two days, it kinda kills any hopeful hype anybody could of had towards it. :)

I see your point. BUT, no matter how much of our Idea's I give to the next generation of gaming, what our team porduces will be pure magic. And regardless of the functions the storyline will captivate you for many, many years to come.

I've decided to make it open ended. Create history as you play, so to speak. There will be a legend keeper and a Hall of Heroes… Main story stretching for massive chapters and quests, campaign, crusades almost... Might Faction Clashes... Nothing they produce in 2 days could compete with that. Nothing.

I've been told not to use the words "Potentially Award Winning" to describe my work (An ellaborate storyline, interwinding with other each of the other Races.) Though I previously have. I'm just waiting to compile some more information, ellaborate much further on what I've got, update the Graphics a little more and the Team Section.

I'll keep you posted though. Feel free to ask questions. I'll answer honestly, if I can. If I can't I'll say.

The game's gonna kick ass  :azn:

But, it'll have A TON of content as well so even if we did reveal a lot in the WIP, as long as no1 steals it  :evil: then there will be so much more for everyone to experience when they actually play the game. This Pre-WIP is just a tiny taste of what the finished product will be  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
You think they STILL look like endless rips? I didn't think the legs were to bad, I'll have to give them a look over. And the palette needs reducing quite considerably.
I will say this though: Please bear in mind our pixel artists are ENTIRELY amatuer and before this they had no Pixel Experience what-so-ever. Not to mention those latest Sprites are totally custom.

Thanks for the input, I'll put some more time into them, taking what you said into consideration.
Tell me though Kreator, what EXACTLY about the legs don't you like?
And are the pictures squashed for you too?

I will return to this thread in better spirit, with more time and broadband to post constructive tips, advice and pointers. Because your one of few people who actually give a shit about what people think, without getting offended when someone says something negative. I'm convinced that unlike what seems like so many people, you actually have a great load of care in this project.

Couldnt find much to comment on. But I'll do so on your latest sprites. Firstly, the palette is a bit extreme. I would try and cut down and use perhaps 6, or 8 colors max. Secondly, you've attempted a lot of detail to show muscles and such, which is good, however the outlines are all the same color. Attempt lightening the outlines, especially to show

WTF IS THAT

I think something just crashed not far from my house.

@Good:

> Couldnt find much to comment on. But I'll do so on your latest sprites. Firstly, the palette is a bit extreme. I would try and cut down and use perhaps 6, or 8 colors max. Secondly, you've attempted a lot of detail to show muscles and such, which is good, however the outlines are all the same color. Attempt lightening the outlines, especially to show
>
> WTF IS THAT
>
> I think something just crashed not far from my house.

I appreciate you kind words, and I'll take into consideration what you've said, ofcourse your right. The Outline needs work. As do a few other area's of concern. Having trouble motivating the artists at the moment but, I promise, progress will be made and I'll post an UNBELIEVABLE update soon.

The MASSIVE challenge will be taking those sprites and creating the other 6 dimensions, the other 9 Races and the extra stances/animations required.

@mhedoos:

> the sprites you use are pretty good but i think you will find a problem on paperdoll,also i would really like to see a new isometric/sidescrolling mmorpg

Very true but, paperdoll issues was inevitable, as we'll be using an Expanded paperdoll.

@Lam3r:

> Sorry but we've thought about it but it's not going to be a side-scroller  :icon_crap:
> it just wouldn't work with what we are looking to do w/ the game!
>
> BUT, i promise the game will kick ass anyway ;)

I second that, I'm not a huge fan of Side Scrollers.
Good to hear from you Lam3r.

Over the next few days I'll be submitting further snippets from the Storyline and ellaborating (As promised.) further on the information provided.

Keep your EYE on this topic.

• 4 weeks later...