Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good Books ;)

Sowtis

Don't like to read? Then why the hell you reading this?

Anyway, post some good books you like, I need a new book to read.

I only read like 3 books but I liked them :)

I read:

-Loser by Jerry Spinelli
-Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
-The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

What are some good books?

I have a few favorite series that i think are pretty Epic you should check out.

All Books by R.A Salvatore!
Wheel of time series < –- Damn Epic
Magic the Gathering books are actually pretty decent
Dragon Lance books are generally pretty good to.

1: Anything with "CONAN" in the tile.
2: Harry Potter stuff… I realy think it's a good book.
3: Silmarilion, Hobbit, Lord of the Rings (that's the chronology) - Silmarilion is hardest to read and I wouldn't touch that if you havent read the trilogy and Hobbit. It's a good book if you don't like elves and think that Sauron was baddas... you'll see that he was just a whimp compared to his master. Describes the beginings of the whole Lord of the Rings lore.
4:Star Wars books... most of them are good if you like the lore.
5:Discworld - all of them.

The best book that I have read has to be The Davinci Code. It is long but it is a great read and you get so hooked into it. That is really the only book that I would recommend. That and all the Harry Potter books they are good get better everytime! :icon_music:

Alright… If I ever go to a book store some time I will keep in mind to look for them all.

I'll see if I find any other books that look interesting.

I like books kinda like the ones I stated in the first post, fiction, and fantasy books.

If you like fiction and fantasy you will love the inheritance series and bartimaeus trilogy. (it takes a few chapters to get into and understand the bartimaeus trilogy)

inheritance series:
eragon, eldest, brisingr (THE MOVIE SUCKS!!!)

bartimaeus trilogy:
the amulet of samarkand, the golem's eye, ptolemy's gate

Harry potter series:
sorcerer's stone, chamber of secrets, prisoner of azkaban, goblet of fire, order of the pheonix, half-blood prince, deathly hallows

Halo series:
the fall of reach (new halo game to be based off of this book, "Halo: Reach"), the flood (halo 1), the first strike (what happens between h1 and h2), planet onyx (during h2 but located elsewhere, hinted at during end of h3), contact harvest, the cole protocol (the best halo books are the ones by eric nylund… the other guys are...okish)

I tried reading the first Harry Potter book, it was so dull I couldn't finish it. And I've read Atlas Shrugged for gods sakes! Anyway my mom said the books get better later, and I do like the stories and characters enough so I might try them. I bet I could go through each in a day.

Demonata and the vampires apprentice or whatever series by Darren Shan are good.
The halo series is alright as well, not EPIC, but alright,
LOTR, obviously, somebody mentioned Dragon Lance, I thought those were cool.

Wheel of time is amazing, I think theres like 10-11 books or something but the author died before the last and final one was published, and it was like the end of everything, all the books led up to it, huge wars were going to end and crazy stuff was going to happen… and now we'll never know.

Very good series I read all of them up to that one, I'm thinking of reading it again it was very good.

That Eragon series is pretty good

Also,, something on the topic of the Harry Potter books, the first book(s) seem more like she wasn't as serious about it as she was in the last ones. Everything is so much more childish, but near the end of the books it all gets really serious. (Ex. the names, locations, etc)