Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPC Run

Kamakazi

Is there a way to make npc's run, but only certain ones? I'm not sure if this question belongs in scripting or not.

EDIT: Decided to ask this another way… How would I go about changing movement speed for NPC's and PC's? That way, I can just turn run mode off, and still get what I'm attempting to accomplish.

That bug has been around since the original Eclipse… I've never found a fix for it, you could however speed up the FPS(Frames Per Second)... That also increases movement speed ;) Only downside is that slower CPU's can't keep up with this tickcount change and will make it crash.

In ModGameLogic, there's a few lines that say:
```
'lock FPS
Do While GetTickCount < Tick + XX[[/code]

See the XX? I'm not sure what the original number is, I've got it set to 20 :P That makes it run a lot smoother and faster. And by slower PC's I meant this old ones that can barely run XP.
```

@Silvh:

> That bug has been around since the original Eclipse… I've never found a fix for it, you could however speed up the FPS(Frames Per Second)... That also increases movement speed ;) Only downside is that slower CPU's can't keep up with this tickcount change and will make it crash.

Won't that increase both the players movement speeds and the npcs?  If so, is there a way just to increase the NPCs?

It would actually, but yeah… At least the NPC's wont stand still for aaaages anymore, I did this in my engine and this was the result(Video from Elements Online):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-VIG9oppG4&feature=player_embedded

Not a massive difference, but everything does run smoother.

You could also find the NPC move timer(s) though, and modify their intervals... But my way makes the entire game run smoother. ;)

Yeah, I'm fine with making the game run smoother but my personal problem was the delay in monsters running after people who are attacking from range.  I wanted to speed up the arrows (i've figured out how to do this) to make it more viable in PvP but that made it even easier for people leveling up using ranged means.  I'll check out the npc move timers, if I can find them.  Thanks.

You could always make it even different, like… When the NPC has a target(meaning it's attacking a player) make the movement timer end faster, thus it will create the idea of the NPC's 'running' after the player because it's "just so freakin pissed off".  :P