Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The movie up

Marsh

So i watched the fun filled cartoon movie up yesterday. Holy crap that movie is depressing i was on the verge of tears through most of the movie. Now sure im proberly not the most mentally stable guy but comon!. My friends also thought it was brutally depressing. I cant believe they would show that to kids!. Anyone else see it that agrees?

> The montage shows how they met as children, Ellie being the more exuberant and adventurous one, Carl the shy and reticent boy,  planning for a baby, losing the baby, not being able to conceive, unexpected occurrences that kept them from being able to achieve their dream of going to South America, happily growing old together, and finally death.

He like kills his childhood hero, his wife dies they cant have a kid. She doesn't get her dreams fulfilled (you find out later she kind of does). The young boys dad doenst even show up to give him his bade. holy crap.

Geez I saw that movie too and I was about to start balling aswell. I thought it was extremely depressing. I wasn't expecting it, but it ended up being the saddest movie id seen that year. I was trying so hard not to cry during that scrapbook scene and when he talked about how his dad and him used to count cars.  :(

@IceCream:

> omg.. 10 min in i almost cried.  it.. only gets okay with like 10 min to spare.. then even at the end it was a bit sad, but also sweet.

yea they have a up note at the end but still very sad. Though yes it was a very good movie.