Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RTE] [EE2.7] Run-time error 9

Krazykevin

Ok, I simply copied the entire server folder from my friend, along with the client. They seem to be working for him, but since I can't connect (see my Bugs and Errors topic), I was trying to see all the maps and stuff remotely. The only thing I changed was the IP number in my client to my IP.

@Krazykevin:

> Ok, I simply copied the entire server folder from my friend, along with the client. They seem to be working for him, but since I can't connect (see my Bugs and Errors topic), I was trying to see all the maps and stuff remotely. The only thing I changed was the IP number in my client to my IP.

So, it worked before you changed the IP, and after you moved it to your friend's computer?

@Krazykevin:

> No, I haven't. None of us have VB6 yet, so we haven't messed around with the source.

You're using EE2.8, right?

Go grab a fresh copy of EE2.8, and run the client (make sure you change the IP); just to make sure it works.

If it does, copy your GFX folder into the new one, replacing the new one's gfx folder with yours.  If you don't get an error when running it again, do the same with the GUI, BGS, etc, until all the folders are copied; whichever folder gives the error when you attempt to copy it, will most likely have the issue.

@Krazykevin:

> I tried a fresh 2.8 as well, and no luck. Also, you forgot to update your site, when you click on Eclipse 2.8, and download a file, it still gets 2.7\. I had to put the URL manually to download it.

It's not my site, but Marsh' site.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 2 weeks later...
Still getting the ame error here as well. See this as well: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,49574.0.html . Its really starting to drive me nuts. Every version I try has this problem (I've now tried 2.7 and 2.6 as well), and I've pinpointed the most likely causes to be the news retrieval or server status check upon starting the client. I tried on XP SP2, and just tried SP3 to see if that worked, and still no luck. Its crash heaven every single time as long as the server is up.